LegacyGT.com

09 LGT Limited or 2010 LGT Limited???

delay503

Sounds good all the way around. As for the wife thing, for years we both drove sticks. And then after a 10 year lay off she took the LGT for a solo ride (her first) and got a speeding ticket. She hasn't driven it since.

Pete

All went well. The salesperson is the one that sold us our XT Outback and is a super nice and honest guy to do business with. All around good experience with this dealership. There was no way I was going to be able to go without the wife, but that's not an issue with the two of us. With my ADD and selective hearing I'm pretty much always in my own world, so I was able to drive the car like no one else was there.

I know some are going to want to tar and feather me for this one.... I liked the car. Although the interior is not my favorite (wood trim?? Looks way worse in person than in the photos and nowhere near as nice as our XT's wood trim) I do like the extra space and the HK system in this car sounds quite a bit meatier than the HK system in my 09. I really don't like the new instrument cluster, the gauges look tacky with the fading blue and the large numbers. The 09 was much more tasteful with the smaller numbers and simple red ring. The power felt good and sufficient enough for me (easy AccesPort is an easy fix for more) but I wish it still had the si-drive. I really enjoy that feature on our XT. This car has no spoiler which I like, leaves me more options for the future. 6MT felt a little "thin" but driving a stick again (been eight years since my mod'd VW GTI) put a big smile on my face. The 18" wheels with the side skirts really made the car. The downside is that the same tires I was looking at for my 09 (Michelin Pilot Sport AS+) are another $200 in the 18 inch size. Ouch. The other cars on the lot with the 17" and 16" look goofy to me. There is just too much space with the larger fenders and wheel gap. All this being said....

The car was fun to drive and handled decent (rear sway bar upgrade would be a +), extra interior space is a huge bonus (I usually have three or four in the car on trips to the mountain), 6MT was fun for me (needs short throw, $550 bucks from Subaru!?!?!?! WTF), Integrated Bluetooth is a plus (hands free law in Oregon now, boooo), better factory sound (I don't have to spend the money on aftermarket equipment this way, I tend to go overboard when this happens, I can post pictures of interior of my K5 latter if anyone is interested), and last but not least.... PeteWK will like this one, the wife doesn't like driving the stick. This means no dog in my car, no crap in my car, no coffee down the side of my center console, and no hair clips stuck to my sun-visor. All minor things but still a plus. This does present a problem for the next time I f my knee up mountain biking.

Thanks again everyone. We are waiting to see of SOA comes back with a decent offer for us. Hopefully we'll hear from them today!

Hey bud, after reading what you had to write, I honestly think the 2010 Legacy 3.6R would be a better choice for you, have you consider that?

If you don't like the Outback you can try the 3.6R (automatic transmission is nice).

Unfortunately it only comes with 17" tires/wheels but that can always be upgraded easily if you are willing to spend the money.

You could always wait for the 2011 models in 2 months to see if they are an improvement for you (I doubt it).

I recently had one of the 2010 Outbacks as a loaner while our car was in for warranty work and was not a big fan. I felt like the handling was sloppy and there was too much plastic on the car. I'm really happy with the way our 09 Outback XT looks and handles. For a car with almost 9 inches of ground clearance it doesn't too bad in the corners. We have also had a 3.0R Outback that was nothing but trouble. I do like that the new 3.6 runs on regular and has a little more power than the older 3.0 but I'm hard pressed to have two Outbacks. If we end up with another Subaru I really need it to be on the sportier side. I do appreciate the recommendation though.

Would you consider waiting another 2 months for the 2011 3.6R's and 2.5Gt's?

My confession is that if a choice had been offered, I'd have taken a 3.6 with a MT. Failing that my one option was the turbo. Regular gas would have been nice.

Pete

Got it! We picked up the 2010 on Friday. So far so good. The power is great and it handles a lot better than I thought it was going to. I haven't really been able to test it's limits yet (still in the break-in period) but the power feels good and the sound system has a little more tone that last years model. The wood trim bothers me a little more everyday and I'm not sure what they were thinking with the seats. I feel like I'm going to slide into the door or the passenger seat when going through tight corners. Over all I'm really happy with the car and appreciate everyone's input. The dealership worked their asses off to get SOA to pitch in for all of our troubles with our previous cars. Time to go for a drive...

Archived