LegacyGT.com

New wheels not fitting correctly...HELP!!!

So i needed new tires for my winter car ('96 Subaru Legacy L wagon). so I figured maybe I can find some used wheels and tires for the same price as new tires. So I looked on craigslist for months and found that my bolt pattern, 5x100, is very hard to find. I ended up finding a super mint set of 17" OEM Scion tC wheels with really nice all season tires for $290. Well, I bring them home and the bolts line up real nice...but the damn opening in the wheel is too small for the center hub on the car!!! so they don't hug up against the brake/axle assembly. What can I do? I know that trying to make the opening on the wheel bigger will put the wheel out of balance, and probably be spendy. But can I have a shop cut that little raised ring on the hub of the car so the wheel can set in there correctly? any help would be great. I know I could get my money back (and then some) for these wheels/tires. But I really like them and they would look great on my beater.

Thanks,

Ben

Take them to a machine shop and get a quote for them to mill out the center bore. It shouldn't be too expensive, and it won't throw the balance off.

What is the offset of those wheels?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

how are 5x100's hard to find?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

how are 5x100's hard to find?

Well, considering the problems I have had with these wheels...isn't it fair to say that I may run into a problem with bore opening sizes?

I would really like some WRX wheels (16") or Legacy GT wheels(17").

just trying to understand......you went with a Scion wheel instead of a subaru wheel like you want.

whats your price range and why not look at discount tire direct packages?

Well, considering the problems I have had with these wheels...isn't it fair to say that I may run into a problem with bore opening sizes?

I would really like some WRX wheels (16") or Legacy GT wheels(17").

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived