LegacyGT.com

Who uses Lube?

Anyone use engine additives like duralube, amsoil, lucasoil, zmax, restore, etc., etc. etc? what are ur opinions? which one is best for protection against engine wear? does $30 dollar brands protect better than $6-10 dollars brands? any proven tests on these additives?

• Mega Users

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally use lucas oil in a tank of gas right before my oil change.

This thread, like a million just like it will never reach a conclusion and no one will have sufficient supporting evidence to convince anyone of anything.

The only advice I could give is pick a brand and stick with it.

Another member knows a guy who used a few different brands and they all gunked together and made a pretty messy situation

So there

oh yeah

/thread

Anyone use engine additives like duralube, amsoil, lucasoil, zmax, restore, etc., etc. etc? what are ur opinions? which one is best for protection against engine wear? does $30 dollar brands protect better than $6-10 dollars brands? any proven tests on these additives?

In a well functioning & running engine with no history of damage, sludge, etc....

these additives do nothing beneficial. Period. Move on.

There are a couple of articles and reviews throughout the web (& this forum) that basically show the ineffectiveness of most of the additives. Check out this article to start out:

http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~rblander/snake_oil.txt

When it comes down to it, proper oil changes with a decent oil trumps any oil additive. The oil additives usually end up just clogging the filters or sludging the engine.

That get all the plump, homely women in MN? :lol:

Only 5 oz :eek: those girls will use up a whole bottle!

The Muslim girls love it. ;)

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/chador2/images/Perfect%20Muslim%20Woman.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally use lucas oil in a tank of gas right before my oil change.

This thread, like a million just like it will never reach a conclusion and no one will have sufficient supporting evidence to convince anyone of anything.

The only advice I could give is pick a brand and stick with it.

Another member knows a guy who used a few different brands and they all gunked together and made a pretty messy situation

So there

oh yeah

/thread

Well said. There will never be a conclusion on what oil to use or when to change it. I would stay away from additives. Consistency is the key when maintaining your engine.

Archived