LegacyGT.com

Uppipe to turbo studs - thread spec?

I know this has been answered but I can't find it. And I am too lazy to go take one of the nuts off and measure it...

My guess is M10 x 1.25 but wanted to confirm before I go to Murrays and pickup some spare studs.

I have a turbo install and I plan to remove the uppipe studs from the top to make the install easier and reduce the risk of tearing the turbo inlet. So, I figured I would by a few spare studs just in case.

Thanks

After much searching I found it.

Are there any other parts I might need? Occasionally, an uppipe (especially used ones) will come without uppipe studs. If you are unable to obtain them from your Vendor, you will need five of SOA part number 800910340 which retail for ~$8.50 each. Alternately, you could source an automotive stud, m10 x 1.25 by 41mm at a parts store, preferrably Grade 8. Removing studs from an OEM uppipe usually will end up ruining the studs. You do not want to start an uppipe install with the hope that you can remove the stock studs. For removal or installation of these studs, be sure to use the double nut method.

I busted a stud today while removing. PB's them bitches, but this one was just a PAIN and then..SNAP! Ripped the bolt stud right out of the turbo. Luckey for us I had a core vf40 with some spare studs. That was the only issue really. The rest went pretty well, except that POS inlet tube!

Archived