LegacyGT.com

Just received my Tactrix 2.0 wow...

I had been using the old vag-com cable, purchased a tactirx 2.0 with all the adaptors (used, but only $130 including shipping). I can't believe how smoothly it reads data logging vs. the vag-com. For $15, the vag-com was a good choice, but I'm amazed after just doing a few logs. What's also nice is it seems to catch data more accurately and it hasn't cut out in the middle of a WOT like my vag-com would at times. Just my impression, FWIT.

I never used the vagcom. I went straight for the tactrix. It has been flawless. Sounds like I am glad I did not try the vagcom.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

• 5 weeks later...

So do I, but my point is you can log to a micro SD card and then pull the logs over to your laptop, you don't need it sitting in your passenger seat with a cable draped over your legs to get a log. See what I'm saying?

Unless of course you rely on your scanning gauges heavily, but even then looking over to see your A/F is not a good idea at WOT.

I thought I would never need a a/f gauge in

<< that car, but after I tried to just use the PLX support in my logging tools I found it necessary to invest in a gauge that's in my face. Now I can simply scan with my laptop closed and then review the logs later, I wish my AVT had a SD logging option.

I do like to watch the gauges when logging/tuning. I'm too lazy to transfer the data over, I'd rather just have it instantly :lol:. I also have a longer USB cable, so it's not in the way, for me. I may try the Micro SD method, but I would need to buy one.

Yeah, I also recently started to log my LM-2 running with RR's new beta version. Seems to work well.

Also, I only do face to face tuning. I let the owner drive, while I monitor the data, incase something goes wrong and we have to shut it down.

I have found that I prefer using m laptop to the microSD card for datalogging. I can switch between learning view and romraider to log much more information. Plus I can easily switch maps. And if you're doing multiple types of maps, you can move your logs into a different folder to keep things organized.

Archived