LegacyGT.com

Is the Spec.B worth saving for?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I financed mine for 5 years because no college student was paying the 20K price tag at the stealer w/29K meils (honda dealer nonetheless) and im payin just shy of 400/mo. Couldn't be happier..since i dropped $$ for stg II and sways and sts:wub: now I'm at 49K miles and a month and 6 days away from owning it for one year and i'm still in love, and in need of some new rubber

here's is the 07

http://i39.tinypic.com/21caxr6.jpg

I ordered my car in april of 2008, i had only seen the 2007 in the showroom, I asked it if had blue alcantara seats, they said yes, i asked again, they said yes, i asked the business manager she said yes...

it arrived and had charcoal :(

that was a buzzkill........

I then reread the brochure that i saw 100 times before, and sure enuf, the pics were in black and white, but the text said charcoal ....

seeing that picture makes me sad now, thats what i thought i was getting

I ordered my car in april of 2008, i had only seen the 2007 in the showroom, I asked it if had blue alcantara seats, they said yes, i asked again, they said yes, i asked the business manager she said yes...

I then reread the brochure that i saw 100 times before, and sure enuf, the pics were in black and white, but the text said charcoal ....

seeing that picture makes me sad now, thats what i thought i was getting

FWIW, I think the black/black looks just as good as the blue/black. Just be thankful you didn't get the brick red leather! ;)

lol

Swap your interior and end the nightmare. Blue/Black interior :wub:

OP I have owned two LGT's. The first one sadly bit the dust when a deer jumped in front of it. That one was a 5MT. I loved the car so much I would only get another one but now because of nagging girlfriends and limited options I drive a 5EAT. After driving them both I really miss my MT. You would more than likely be completely satisfied with the 5MT but I still have wetdreams of selling my 5EAT (or 5MT if I still had it) and getting a SpecB....with blue alacantra...mmmmmmm :drool:

I financed mine for 5 years because no college student was paying the 20K price tag at the stealer w/29K meils (honda dealer nonetheless) and im payin just shy of 400/mo. Couldn't be happier..since i dropped $$ for stg II and sways and sts:wub: now I'm at 49K miles and a month and 6 days away from owning it for one year and i'm still in love, and in need of some new rubber

20K for a Spec.B with 29K is really good! In my area, the few that have come/gone with that low a mileage have been in the 25k-30k range. If I could get in under $400 that'd give me much more to think about.

Just be thankful you didn't get the brick red leather! ;)

Thats the first negative comment on the brick red i've ever heard. Everyone that gets in my car its the first thing they comment on and everyone loves it

black/black > blue/black > brick, imo..

I agree but I really do like the blue on black also

I personally dont like the red leather seats in the older spec.B. I have black leather with black suede interts in my 08 and I love it.

I purchased my 08 spec.B for just under 26k with a stage 2 at 32k miles. I personally love my spec.B because everything on the car was done by EFI here in CT. I would have spent 3-5k of my own money if I got a stock one and even then I prob wouldnt have been able to find a 08 spec.B under $24k.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Here are a few shots of my 08 spec.B interior

http://efilogics.com/customer/2%20-%20EFI%20Cars%20and%20Motorsports/EFI%20Street%20cars/08%20SpecB/specb_forsale_20.JPG

http://efilogics.com/customer/2%20-%20EFI%20Cars%20and%20Motorsports/EFI%20Street%20cars/08%20SpecB/specb_forsale_17.JPG

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Add another ex-Altima owner who jumped ship to Subaru. Couldn't be happier. I never modded the Altima, even though I wanted to, because the return on mods was poor. High cost, low return. FWD, torque-steer galore, cheap crappy interior. It did have a lot of hauling room though and a kick-ass stereo :D

I guess I'll post this here before I go make a new thread. I've still been going back and forth and back and forth about this. I actually found a 165K 05' Legacy GT in my area for only $6500. So, immediately my mind went "full STI running gear swap". So that's what I'm hot on right now. I'm 100% confident in my mechanical/electrical abilities, if I can find a reasonably priced donor car I could do this for less than half what I'd buy a spec.B for. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but unique in its own way.

Can anyone point me to a thread or website where someone's done this before? I did a search here for keyword "STI" but it brings back way too many hits. I'd like to know if there's certain years of STI's which would make better donors than others etc etc

Thanks

Thanks, I went over there and checked it out. Quite a knowledge treasure-trove for everything Subaru. I didn't find exactly what I'm looking for but I learned enough to know I would want a complete donor car so I can get everything I need. Unfortunately I've also learned that even wrecked/totalled STI's can go for 7k+?? Someone please correct me if they know better. I was hoping 3-4K to stay within my initial budget plans. So, it now looks like the STI running gear swap might be off my radar soon. I'll have to do more looking around, but now the prevailing plan is:

Buy a high mileage GT for 6-7K. With the remaining 4-5K of my budget I would put in a low mileage engine, upgrade intake/exhaust/turbo/clutch/tune and completely go through the suspension, call it a day. (or year) It wouldn't be a STI and wouldn't be a spec.B but I'm sure it would still be plenty fun. I have to do alot more research though....

Thanks, I went over there and checked it out. Quite a knowledge treasure-trove for everything Subaru. I didn't find exactly what I'm looking for but I learned enough to know I would want a complete donor car so I can get everything I need. Unfortunately I've also learned that even wrecked/totalled STI's can go for 7k+?? Someone please correct me if they know better. I was hoping 3-4K to stay within my initial budget plans. So, it now looks like the STI running gear swap might be off my radar soon. I'll have to do more looking around, but now the prevailing plan is:

Buy a high mileage GT for 6-7K. With the remaining 4-5K of my budget I would put in a low mileage engine, upgrade intake/exhaust/turbo/clutch/tune and completely go through the suspension, call it a day. (or year) It wouldn't be a STI and wouldn't be a spec.B but I'm sure it would still be plenty fun. I have to do alot more research though....

If that is your plan/budget, check THIS CAR out in the for sale section. 65k on chassis, 800mi on built engine, 36k on trans, brand new clutch, $11.5k OBO. add a bigger turbo and your good to go. all the other supporting mods are there already.

Archived