LegacyGT.com

Here's the link for rear endlinks, it's only on the GT page for some reason, but it will fit our cars

http://www.rallitek.com/rarehden.html

This is the AVO rear sway bar mount. Stock mount is weak sauce for aftermarket bars, highly recommended if you get a rear sway.

http://www.rallitek.com/avorestmore.html

I would suggest springs+dampers before deciding if you need sways though. Most people will say sway bars are best bang for buck. It's true to an extent though. Yes, it will get rid of most of the body roll, but you may sacrifice overall grip for it, especially if you're running all-seasons.

to keep things as cheap as possible, this is what i'm thinking at this point.

-Get some springs and roll with those for a bit to see how the ride is improved and where it could still use improvement.

-Get a short throw, because those are always fun.

-And I'll try to find some good cheap/used mufflers/catback.

That seems like a decent upgrade to hold me over for a bit till i see what else I want to do right?

i'd prob forego the mufflers, and just combine that with money for springs to just get dampers right off the bat. there isn't really any gains to be had from aftermarket exhaust. could just get an avo panel intake and remove the resonator if you want a little more noise.

short throw is a good idea though

yeah stock height will be retained since you're using the stock springs

konis are generally a recommended damper for the legacy. the front however is an insert and you'll need to do a bit of slicing with the stock housing. i have a link somewhere on my home computer but i'm at work right now. not sure if you're interested in doing that though.

how much work would it be? I would probably have a shop install those anyways. I read somewhere about people removing the intake silencer. Not that that would give a performance increase, but it seems to give it more intake noise that would be nice. How do I do that?

it's more a DIY job, here's the link

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219607

if you'd like a more plug and play setup, i'd prob give the tokico HTS dampers consideration, but you do need to get the spec B top hats for them to work, which is an extra $120

mach v motorsports / fast wrx sells them here, $621:

http://www.fastwrx.com/tohtssh.html

on second thought, you might just be better off getting a set of bc racing coilovers or the tein basic coilovers, both come in right around 1k and the install is easier and should cost you less shop time.

upgrade to better brake pads

better tires

Rear Sway Bar (minimum)

Better springs (or coilovers)

Tint or Clear Bra for the hood/front bumper

Use anything else towards the balance of the car. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Im not sure I trust myself doing suspension work yet hah. Whatever I got would go to a shop. I would do sways, exhaust and short throw, but thats probably the most I could get away with in my garage. So for dampers konis, and springs rallitek. and bc's for coilovers. I have some thinking to do I guess

I'm using Vogtland springs on stock struts. It's totally OK to use aftermarket springs on stock dampers, it's just not OMFG AWESOME lol. Just dont get anything that drops the car super low, like Tein S.tech. Get something with a mild drop like the Vogtland's I have, Eibach (now sold by MSI, a vendor on the forum), or Rallitek.

There's too many variables to say exactly how long they last for. Basically, if you go over a speed bump, and the car bounces up and down a few times before it settles again is a good sign. That basically means the springs are doing all the work lol.

Archived