LegacyGT.com

rota subzero's

grapela

What is the 411 on this wheel, I am looking at the 18 inch in royal steel grey for my regal blue. They are pretty light at 18 pounds and have a nice polished lip. Nobody seems to talk about this wheel or have them on their car, is there something I don't know about the wheel. I know it is cast but is it not strong compared to the other rota wheels. I tried a search here and nobody has them on there car. Any experiences with this wheel? I am also looking at the kosei t1, but can't decide between the light grey or the dark grey. Any help on the subzero's would be greatly appreciated. or experiences with the kosei.

I had subzeros on my WRX and now use them as winter wheels on my GT. They are light and strong enough for street use. Actually, they are quite common as a track wheel for WRXs.

They are a bit "spokey" in appearance and the design has been around for a long time so they don't get much love. I could do a pic but I took them off and use the stock GT wheels for summer. They are a bit of a pain to clean, like most multi-spoke wheels, but work well. Visually, I find them a bit of a lightweight for the GT since the spokes are rather thin.

Tom

gt, so you did put them on your leg, and did not like the look. I am new to the subaru world so this wheel is still new to me, I am torn on wheels though, I like these, I also like the kosei's. So what I am hearing is that without a drop and massive brakes behind the wheel they may not look good. Maybe I should stick with my original choice of the prodrives in bright flitter. Oh the choices.

Archived