LegacyGT.com

Auto door lock and unlock?

Hey all,

A new owner of a 06 Legacy 2.5i and I have a quick question. Is there such thing as auto door locking and unlocking? Ie: when you hit 10 km/h, it auto locks all the doors and once you put the car in park, all the door auto unlock? I have searched but came up with nothing so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

P.S. First post, woot!

• 8 months later...

I can't stand walking up the the passenger door or rear door of the car and having it be locked. My wife's Taurus wagon does the same thing and I will not buy another Ford if I can't get around it.

With my Subaru it seems like half the time that passenger door or rear door is locked and half the time it isn't. Can anyone explain this and has anyone done a mod to get them to lock and unlock automatically?

The unlocking - at least on some subies is that if you press the remote once only drivers door unlocks and if you press twice all doors unlocks. That may explain the randomness you experience.

As for automagic lock/unlock - it's up to you to fabricate something. Like using input from "Park" position sensor on the shifter if you have an AT gearbox or combination of handbrake and gearstick in neutral or reverse for manual.

But personally I prefer that the lock/unlock is something I'm in control of.

453747.png

I too miss this feature. My previous car did this. (99 Chrysler LHS)

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived