LegacyGT.com

Buh-bye RE92s. Helllllo Proxes!

voyetra8

Some of you might have seen my previous thread about shredding one of my RE92s a few days back.

Well, I decided to take the plunge and replace all 4 with a set of Proxes 4s.

I've only put about 30 miles on them, but I can already tell that it was worth every penny.

The sidewalls feel quite a bit stiffer than the RE92s. I threw it into a few

corners, and they stuck like glue.

Unexpectedly, ride-quality seems to have improved. Instead of feeling every separation in the roadway, it is more subdued, but at the same time, not "disconnected."

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know! I'll try to post a more in-depth review as I use them more.

Where did you get them and how much?

Well, I was riding on the donut, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of ordering them online, and having them drop shipped to a shop.

IE- I am impatient.

So, I went to Direct Tire, and got them for $115 a piece. (Yes, I know this works out to be $100 more than treadepot.com.) :mad:

BUT- I figured the time and stress it would save me would be well worth the money. (Ordering, calling shop to arrange the drop ship, obsessively tracking, going to shop, etc.) :)

I called at 7:30am, arrived at 10, and was out the door at 11:20.

They checked the rims for bends, and even the shock to make sure I didn't blow it. Thankfully everything was fine. They did find that the right rear tire had sidewall damage too, however.

So, the question now is: Who needs 2 RE92s with 2k miles on them?

:D

Well, I was riding on the donut, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of ordering them online, and having them drop shipped to a shop.

IE- I am impatient.

So, I went to Direct Tire, and got them for $115 a piece. (Yes, I know this works out to be $100 more than treadepot.com.) :mad:

BUT- I figured the time and stress it would save me would be well worth the money. (Ordering, calling shop to arrange the drop ship, obsessively tracking, going to shop, etc.) :)

I called at 7:30am, arrived at 10, and was out the door at 11:20.

They checked the rims for bends, and even the shock to make sure I didn't blow it. Thankfully everything was fine. They did find that the right rear tire had sidewall damage too, however.

So, the question now is: Who needs 2 RE92s with 2k miles on them?

:D

Two days ago I put a nail through one of my R92's. I was in a hurry, so I had a plug put in at a gas station thinking that I could have a more permanent patch put in later. Boy was I wrong! And STUPID. I called around, and apparently you can't patch a tire that has already been plugged. :mad: . Oh, and here is the best part -- the car has 856 miles on it.

So, I could buy only 1 tire (becuse of the low miles) but one costs a crapload for a load of crap tire (~ $200 inc. shipping and install). In sum, I either need 1 used R92 with under 1000 miles on it, or buy 4 Pirrelli's at $500+. :( . AND, I was hoping to take a road trip this weekend....:mad: :mad: :mad: .

In sum, I would be if it had less miles and you lived in Chicago.

Archived