LegacyGT.com

atf refill

Now that I have purchased the fluid I'm still uncertain of where to put it! Besides the engine oil (I do know that one..lol) I have found two other places that this fluid could go.. One on the left has the yellow top and the one on the right has a looped handle (yellow, I think) I haven't been able to open it yet and keep forgetting to ask my son for his big volleyball muscles.. lol

It is the one on the right, isn't it? (for transmission). I'm anxious about messing up on this one. Turkey are much easier to "fill". lol

Please clarify how I'm to know that I'm filling the transmission and not the differential. thank you.

Brat :)

It took forever to get the ATF dipstick out of there. Finally had to get my son to try, it really was rather stuck!

Tomorrow, if the sun stays out for awhile, I'll finish this task. Now I'm getting conflicting information on the "vehicle engine hot vs cold" issue; there's always something to learn.

Thank you. Even though you are a brat... lol

The "cold" level shoud only be used as a "general idea" mark. diffrent ATF will expand at diffrent rates and a diffrent temps. to get a truly accurate reading always do it trans hot. this is one of the few reasons im glad i live 100 yards from the interstate onramp. test drives made simple lol.

Archived