LegacyGT.com

rear seats don't fold down!

Man, this sucks. I went to the dealer today and saw that the rear seats indeed do not fold down! I'm going to have to get a roofrack or quit surfing! How can they leave this feature out in a $20k car? I mean, every car these days has this. Perhaps I'll have to find a girlfriend with an SUV :lol:

Doh... that was going to be my point! :) The sedan has pass thru and wagon fold down seats. I seriously doubt (unless he has a skinny board) that the passthru would handle a surfboard. I think it's more for snow skis. Most boards are 20+ inches wide and I would guestimate the pass-thru isn't bigger than 18". Anybody have a real live sedan they can check real quick? :D That's one thing I missed on my measurement picture taking run.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I had heard somewhere that the legacy was going the way of the mazda 6, and having 3 body styles, 4 door sedan, 5 door wagon, and 5 door (hatchback) sedan. I wonder if that has anything to do with the rear wiper on the silver legacy on the headline of these pages. I can't say I have seen a rear wiper on a 4 door sedan with a trunk before. Maybe it is a pacific market thing... The hatchback sedan would almost definitely have fold down rear seats. I hope this becomes a reality, but I won't be a bit surprised if it doesn't. I would buy a 5 door rather than a 4 door, but I don't need a wagon. BTW, saw a 2.5i sedan, wagon, and an outback yesterday at the dealer, and they look better in person than most of the pics I've seen. Good stuff. Too bad they didn't have any GTs.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']I thought I had heard somewhere that the legacy was going the way of the mazda 6, and having 3 body styles, 4 door sedan, 5 door wagon, and 5 door (hatchback) sedan. I wonder if that has anything to do with the rear wiper on the silver legacy on the headline of these pages. I can't say I have seen a rear wiper on a 4 door sedan with a trunk before. Maybe it is a pacific market thing... [/quote] I have been around A LOT of subaru boards and I have never heard anything like this.. I think it's safe to say that there is no way this is going to happen.

Archived