LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO2 & SP2 Exhausts Availible for 05' Legacy

NeedMoreBoost

I was worried I would not like the rolled edges, but in person they look appropriate. If you notice in the photos, to fit the wagons these have an extension pipe which pushes the tips out beyond the bumper, but only enough for the rolled edges to clear. Everything went together very well, regardless there are no manufacturer instructions to be found!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think that i have ever seen a cat back come with instructions..

where did you order it from

from the pictures it appears to be very close to the bumper could you bend the brackets to make more clearance?

Damn that is SEXIE!...i need to sell a kidney to make some extra $$$, if possible could you PM the price you found it for??

also possibly a sound clip!...any other mods to your sexy wagon??

again, it looks clean and sexie!!

~Sucka-Duck~

ooh one more quesion did it keep the doughnut gasget or was it flat flanged?

i am really unimpressed with a 70mm main pipe its just too small for a 2.5L turbo app

for that matter its too small for the 2.0

I STILL have the Greddy SP (original) on my Legend.. I like the old SP look, I dont like how the SP2 has that tapered tip to a larger tip look.. the original SP was more straight out of the muffler. Nevertheless, Greddy did a good job on fitment and such and my SP has lasted over 5 years with not a single problem.

Keefe

Keefe

I agree Keefe, I too have an old Greddy SP Sport System, I wasd worried about the rolled lip, but it turned out okay. I purchased from http://www.Hopupracing.com for $719.00 shipped!! I had the system in my hands only one week after I placed the order.

As for the donut, I was worried about that junction point as the factory system uses those spring bolts to maintain a sealed joint yet allow for some flex. Greddy has a very thick (1/4") flange with a gasket and two long bolts to make the attachment. The flange never touches the flange from the OEM DP, but does seem to fit over the donut a bit. I tried to use the OEM spring bolts, but they are not long enough due to the thickness of the Greddy flange.

I think the SP2's for other vehicles do not have as much of a tip extension from the muffler as these do. This system I'm told is only designed to fit the Legacy GT wagon variant, no sedans or Outback (with bumper mods).

And BTW, the Pipe leading from the OEM DP to the split is HUGE, looks like a drain pipe. The pipes leading to the mufflers are quite large too, absolutely dwarfing the OEM system, actually making it klook lathergic! (sp.)

i don't think that i have ever seen a cat back come with instructions..

where did you order it from

from the pictures it appears to be very close to the bumper could you bend the brackets to make more clearance?

Good luck bending the mounting studs welded to the mufflers! They look very strong, and are actually hollow SS. More likely you could bend the attachment points on the car. I do not have any clearance problems, and the system is very solid, not allowing for much movement due to bumps, cornering forces, etc...

Here are a few more photos:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1112854827835_Legacy_Far_SML.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1114436769009_Greddy_TIP_SML.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3818905/1114802942406_Legacy_Rear_SML.jpg

The sound level is become much more livable now, not as much drone today. I have an MP3 recording, now I just need to find a way to post it...

Greddy Sent me a reply to my concerns about tip alignment and the absence of a center resonator:

"Thanks for your feed back on GReddy Products

I have reviewed your picture and it looks like all you need to do is adjust the fitment. Dual muffler systems are difficult to line up properly, if you do not follow these steps.

1) loosen up all of the flanges. 2) have someone hold each muffler tip in the correct position (so they match up) 3) then begin to tighten the flanges (starting from the catalytic converter and working your way back to the mufflers.

As for the pre-mufflers, they are not included on this system, during test the our engineers did not see a need for them, but we will monitor this situation, and if we see there is a problem we will look into it. Thank you again for your email."

I'll have to fiddle with the alignment of each muffler, as for the drone, I am noticing it get softer with more miles on the system...

I believe it is actually getting quieter. Certainly the slight raspiness I once heard is gone. I also removed my custom subwoofer box I form fit inside the spare tire well, that made an improvement in less drone on the Highway. I believe the exhaust system was producing a resonant node which I was hearing, now at highway speeds the sound is more consistent...

How do I upload an mp3 to this forum???

• 3 weeks later...

Update: have had this exhaust for over a month now. I'm an idiot! When I installed the first time, the connection to the stock downpipe had a composite "donut" I assume was meant to be a flexible coupling. I bolted the greddy system up with that donut in place, never really felt good about it. I took it out this weekend, bolted the flanges and gasket up, and boy what a difference a properly sealed exhaust system can make!!! I was getting alot of drone at highway speeds, but now NO MORE!!!

I also physically "adjusted" the tip angle of the drivers side muffler to match the passenger side. Now the tip angles look alot closer to each other. This required a 12' long 1 1/2" pipe and a 7000 lb. truck to bend the Greddy tip extension. I am much happier withthe systems now. Just like a true Greddy, Deep rich sound, very acceptable on the highway...

60mm... whoa thats tiny i think that is the smallest aftermarket exhaust i have ever seen..

edit: thats stock size 2 1/3???

BTW: The Greddy SP2 catback I have on my car is definately 80mm "drainpipe" from the cat back to the muffler cans. It literally could flow large amounts of water if required! I verified this measurement in the latest Greddy printed 2005 catalog. The web site must have a misprint, granted I don't think they are called "shufflers"!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone fit this on a sedan yet?? 1" out the exhaust outlets shouldnt be too bad,...

btw,..how large is 60m and 72mm in inches?? Exhaust pipes that is,..:)

EBAY got good prices on the SP2 and Evo right now,..

Kevin

Archived