LegacyGT.com

Ceramic Tinting

Cardozzo

From reading everyone's posts it seems that, cost aside, ceramic tinting is the best solution. Gives you a high quality tint without interfering with radio reception.

But has anyone actually done it? Can you confirm the lack of degradation in radio reception? Cost?

Relatedly, can anyone recommend a good tint shop in Santa Monica or downtown Los Angeles?

I shopped around for non-metallic tint and found a non-metallic, non-ceramic product called SunTek. I highly recommend it! I don't recall how much it costs, but it was almost equivalent to standard tints, without all the negative side affects.

I have a metalized tint made by Formula One in 35% all around and there's no degradation in radio reception. The ceramic was something like $100 more and seemed to be a waste of money as this tint has the same warranty and better heat rejection properties.

I have ceramic tint on ALL windows. Even a light film on the front window to take the edge off of the sun. No interference at all. It was a bit pricy but the heat rejection properties are better than any metallic tint i have found. Ceramic tint wont fade in the future since it isnt dyed lit most metallic tint.

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm

Dude, you should really rethink the windshield tint.

The reason why no one tints windshields is that the windshield is designed to shatter into small, non sharp pieces in the event of an impact or severe accident which breaks the laminate layer between the two layers of glass. You've added a tough laminate layer which will keep the windshield together in one piece which is not always a desirable outcome.

Not to mention the optical distortion of a tint layer combined with the reduced visibility at night.

But hey, it's your car.

Archived