LegacyGT.com

5EAT TCU Reverse Engineering

utc_pyro

Shit...for $350? Maybe that cheap because you'd be a guinea pig.

If thats the ending price though, it would be sweet!

Also, Did we decide whether or not the resistor is a go/no go also the requested torque? Is it making a difference or not? I tow a descent amount, and i really want to keep bad stuff from happening. Plus I would like the shifts to stiffen up a bit...

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ No one has done thorough testing on either, so you're not going to get an objective answer here. No one really publically started getting into this until very recently.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I orderd a resistor for some one to test with. When it gets here, and shipped to him we'll know what it does on the stock valve body.

Also got some intresting software to look over, I'll let you guys know if I can pull the flashing info out of it.

Yes. We need a Transgo kit. Someone get on it! I'd be willing to shed out a few dollars to support the cause.

I live like 25 minutes from transgo and I'd be willing to be a guinea pig. Since my tranny is pissing me off of hard shifting. I'll contact them in 2 weeks about it after I finish my midterms. Maybe I'll pick up a floating vb (btw where is the link for the floating vb?) or drop off my whole car and let them take out the vb and modify and test it when I leave for vacation in december. I'll keep you guys updated on this!:p Need to accumulate some money of my own too to get this done of the poor college student's way haha. So if anyone else would like to contribute to this guinea pig experiment let me know. Most likely I may just drop off my whole car becuase I dont have that kind of money to buy a extra vb.

If anybody would like to contribute to me for this experiment please state which you'd like to contribute to floating vb or the other.

Edited by OGHK87Jay

I live like 25 minutes from transgo and I'd be willing to be a guinea pig. Since my tranny is pissing me off of hard shifting. I'll contact them in 2 weeks about it after I finish my midterms. Maybe I'll pick up a floating vb (btw where is the link for the floating vb?) or drop off my whole car and let them take out the vb and modify and test it when I leave for vacation in december. I'll keep you guys updated on this!:p Need to accumulate some money of my own too to get this done of the poor college student's way haha. So if anyone else would like to contribute to this guinea pig experiment let me know. Most likely I may just drop off my whole car becuase I dont have that kind of money to buy a extra vb.

If anybody would like to contribute to me for this experiment please state which you'd like to contribute to floating vb or the other.

I suspect something else is worn in your trans. If shifts are too firm, porting a valve body won't help. Might hurt. Are you the original owner?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I suspect something else is worn in your trans. If shifts are too firm, porting a valve body won't help. Might hurt. Are you the original owner?

Yea I'm the original owner and I'm on rallitek stage 2 tune via Cobb AP and I have a rallitek race tranny bushing. I've been reluctant to put in my tru-cool 4454 tranny cooler so I dunno if that may be the cause of the problem. I'll get that put in in 2 weeks. Well then what would be your suggestion that might be the problem to the tranny?

Yea I'm the original owner and I'm on rallitek stage 2 tune via Cobb AP and I have a rallitek race tranny bushing. I've been reluctant to put in my tru-cool 4454 tranny cooler so I dunno if that may be the cause of the problem. I'll get that put in in 2 weeks. Well then what would be your suggestion that might be the problem to the tranny?

I was told that you should put the tranny cooler on b4 stage 2, stage 2 is supposed to create a lot more heat. What color is your transmission fluid, or rather what shade of red?

Where can I check that?

check your transmission fluid right behind your engine on the left side(driver) Its down in the bay a bit and my arm was always getting cut up(before I took off the engine cover and put it up in my garage). As for the tranny cooler mod, I don't remember where or who said it, but it was in multiple places when I was looking at it. I actually did it when I was stage 1. Its really easy to put in too.

Trans cooler should do nothing for most people most of the time. Perhaps I'm spoiled because Amsoil ATF removed a lot of temperature-related shift variation :)

I think you are.... Also I pull a camper, a trailer, and a few G's:lol:

I think you are.... Also I pull a camper, a trailer, and a few G's:lol:

UGH OH you do a few G's while with the camper on the skid pad now thats is amazing:eek: now lets see the outcome of camper with the kid's in the backseat saying daddy go faster!!! ;) Now thats what you call keeping it real!! HAHAHAHA!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf6m8mkKIcg]YouTube - Winebago burn out , dounuts almost tipped over[/ame]

Edited by OGHK87Jay