LegacyGT.com

urgant simple question (exhaust)

ok well maybe its not that urgant but to me it is. im looking for the length of the legacy muffler. the gt wagon to be percise but im thinking it would be the same across the board. but any ways. my exhaust was suposed to be put on last night but they cant find a muffler. while i was taking a shower this morning i was thinking about how the oem exhaust was bent. and im thinking http://www.goravin.com/products/art/RA334242.jpg would fit depending on the actual length.

cause the pipes make a prety hard bend to go into the oem muffler and then gust straight out the other side. the muffler could be laid flat horizontle or on a 45 or verticle. due to the trianglar nature of the stock ones. and by rotating it around the point of the rear exit u would be moving the inlet around to hopfully a more suitable location

well i just called my guy. turns out there is only like 13 inches of room in the back therefor a 13 inch long muffler as i am showing would be a bit tight

and i was jsut thinking i could contact avo or any other place that has a cat back. but im thinkin that would be rude to ask a vendor how to make a product. but if any one has any ideas leme know

I've got 2 1/4" offset in - 2 1/4" center out summitracing.com turbo mufflers in place of the stock mufflers and they are perfectly horizontal. We did end up getting (2) 2 1/4" 90* bends and modified them so we could connect the muffler to the stock flange. All we did was cut the pipe off the flange (that connects to the muffler) and bolted it to the y-pipe....held the muffler in the spot I wanted it....cut and modified the 90* bend so that fit inside the muffler inlet and sat right on the flat.....tack welded the 90* to the muffler and to the flange. It was pretty easy and only took us a couple hours to do because we did it in my driveway and not on a lift. Any competent exhaust shop could have it done in an hour.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Just got mine in last week- hope to have them welded in soon.

ok spelling aside

this whole situation of this guy im dealing with is bull shit. they have my car for 3 days and consider making every option for the exhaust except what i asked for. i asked for 3 inch the the y and then 2 2.25 back and if at a point down the road i wanted mufflers it would be 2 mufflers in the rear

but insted what im getting is a 3 inch to the y and 2 3 inch pipes back with one muffler in the front half. lets just say i am not happy with this at all.

What happened to your original plan? Several people have done it and I had looked into it myself. A couple of shops told me that there wouldn't be a fitment issue (if the mufflers weren't too long). I understand your displeasure. Maybe you should go elsewhere. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived