LegacyGT.com

Itsme FMIC - Ceramic Heat Dissipative Coated by Tirado Custom Coatings

KurtP

Evo guys (his main customers) have been showing some pretty nice temp drops to their intake charge with the addition of this coating......im in business now too! :cool:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/carenti88/TCC%20Pics/DSC00147-2.jpg

and before i get another "waste of time/money" post like i did with the heat shield, remember that thing dropped the temp of my perrin end tank by 30 degrees over the normal heat shield....

You mean lower temps measured where the air enters the engine or at the MAF sensor? If it's the latter that just means it's preventing the FMIC from working as well.

I didn't know any coating could increase an object's heat transfer.

temp of the air entering the engine was measured with an aux. thermometer before and after.

Im not scientist. I figured it was a coating that was reflecting away heat from the engine bay for the same reason you did, i just called it what they called it for lack of a better name. :shrug:

either way the sh@t works and thats what i care about.

His turn around time is pretty good. Mine was long because I was gone for a while out of town and couldnt get with him, but once i pay him i usually have photos inside of a week depending on the job.

I honestly dont remember what the cost was exactly. Carlos is not the cheapest coater out there, and he isn't trying to be. You pay for attention to detail in the parts you get, which to me is worth it. Everything is exact when he is done. That said hes not unreasonable to other places Ive price shopped. The thing that kills me on the big stuff I send him (headers, IC etc) is shipping. He gets the exact price from the shipper, so its them, not him, but it still adds a penny even with his discounted account pricing.

Archived