LegacyGT.com

Very odd clicking noise from brakes, please offer suggestions!

bocalu99

Ok i have an 05 LGT and when my stock front rotors went bad, i replaced them with a set of slotted/dimpled rotors from brakeperformance.com. They came with a free set of "performance pads". After i put them on, the braking felt fine, but there was this subtle but constant clicking noise coming from what sounded liek both rotors, as i cruised. Then when i would brake, the pitch and volume of the clicking would go up. As soon as i let off the brake, the clicking would subside but still be there. I've only found one other person on these boards who has experienced the same noise, and he described it perfectly, like the "wheel of fortune wheel spinning noise." I don't believe he ever resolved it. I Didn't know if it was the rotors or the pads, so i put on some nice hawk hps pads, and alas, the sound remains. So it's def the rotors. I know they are installed right, i;ve had like 3 mechanics look at it...what im wondring is if these rotors are defective or if is just the sound that comes from the dimples? It is amplified when i am driving next to a wall or line of cars, as the sound bounces off other surfaces....liek i said the braking performance doesnt seem to be compromised, but the sound is just sooo damn annoying...please help!

im pretty sure its not the pad dragging against the rotor, i dont know why that would make the sound its making, or any sound really, except maybe a slight squeal. I feel like it should have something to with the pad shims, but liek i said i changed those out with new, different, pads and shims....im probably just gonna grab some new rotors, NOT from a generic place like brakeperformance.com. Just some DBAs or something...im done tryin to pinpoint this noise, and when i drive in a tunnel with my windows down it sounds like smeone is spinning a damn roulette wheel under my car. Anyone else had any good or bad experience with brakeperformance.com??

• 1 month later...

Archived