LegacyGT.com

Replace that boring stock Legacy shift boot

Is there a scratch on your seat? Bummer if there is. Thanks for the great pics btw. That boot looks great.

It's not a scratch but just some dirt that got on the seat, I should have cleaned it before taking the pics! Thanks Gravytime you got me off my duff to clean it. It all came off with a little leather cleaner.

It's not a scratch but just some dirt that got on the seat, I should have cleaned it before taking the pics! Thanks Gravytime you got me off my duff to clean it. It all came off with a little leather cleaner.

Phew! I've been reading about the scuffability of these seats so I was just wondering. And anything I can do to help ;) lol.

Phew! I've been reading about the scuffability of these seats so I was just wondering. And anything I can do to help ;) lol.

I have read those same comments about the leather seats, but have never had a problem. I have a 60 lb Bullterrier that I take for a ride once in a while, the seats are still in perfect shape dispite her being in the car at least 6 times. The only reason I limit her in my car is due to the hair and nose smudges on the glass. She is a very powerfull dog with large nails (I know I should trim them) but the seats have no scratches. Here is a picture of her foot.

That said I'm sure the seats would give if she saw another dog and went crazy in the back of the car, but so far no damage.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad147/ifly61ce/2010%20Legacy%20GT/Redlinegoods%20Shifter%20boot/IMG_6086.jpg

The leather seats f'in suck. I wonder if you don't have scuffs because you have the white leather so the scuffs don't show.. Just dirt..

I have the black leather and many massive scuffs the most recent from an arm rubbing the seat back the wrong way when my gf hugged me to get out of the car.

It's bullcrap. Skip the black leather upgrade.

BobGee,

I know you have had problems with your leather, mine so far show no scuffs at all with about 7K on the car. I do get blue marks from my jeans but it comes off very easy with leather cleaner. My wifes BMW 525 with tan leather had the same problem with blue jeans but it cleaned just as easy. The BMW leather was not as soft and will outlast the Subaru leather for sure.

BobGee,

I know you have had problems with your leather, mine so far show no scuffs at all with about 7K on the car. I do get blue marks from my jeans but it comes off very easy with leather cleaner. My wifes BMW 525 with tan leather had the same problem with blue jeans but it cleaned just as easy. The BMW leather was not as soft and will outlast the Subaru leather for sure.

Definitely because you have the white leather.

Perhaps, but I have black leather and no scuffing complaints - even with kids in the back seats. I had much worse luck with the beige leather in the 2006 LGT.

Back OT - The Redline boot looks nice, but to me it is a marginal change over stock. Overall, the stock boot isn't poor quality and the new boot's grain is a little heavy for my taste. In your case, it is a great free upgrade! (I assume you provided the test sample)

Either way, I think it is great to see quality custom options available at a reasonable price, especially for a comparably low volume vehicle like the Legacy.

+1 Redline

Yea I provided the template but had to wait a little over a month to get it all complete mostly due to shipping time. Redline turned it around very fast, I would have bought one anyway if one was avalable at the time.

By the way they are looking for someone to provide a center consol tempate, I did not want to change the stock look of mine, although real leather would look good and they can do all sorts of custom stiching strips ect. so if any one wants to be a guinea pig drop Maciej an email at maciek@redlinegoods.com

• 6 years later...

Archived