LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing CBE on a Wagon? AVO Mid/y-pipe?

BlackOnBlackGT

Well, I can't seem to get my mid pipe to mate with my downpipe(ERZ), I tried turning the donut gasket around as well as the 3"-2.5" flange adapter, nothing works. I really don't want to go loud so I was looking for opinions.

1.) Has anyone installed a twin tip Megan Racing CBE on a wagon? I'm worried about melting the bumper and from what I understand the tips would be hard to extend.

I want to keep things quiet so

2.) I was also considering a mid pipe/y pipe combo with stock cans. The x02/CNracing/Gimmick was an idea because it was inexpensive, however not resonated and sounded to be loud with stock mufflers. Anyone have experience with the AVO Mid/Y-pipe? Is it worth spending $300 extra on?

Just looking for some advice, getting tired of fidgetting with everything.

Other options considered of course.

IMO I would buy a CXlightning CBE off of ebay. If you want quiet, sell the cans and you've got yourself a cheap mid/y that will bolt right up to your ERZ DP and stock cans. $690 for the AVO mid/y is absurd.

A lot of those CXlightning exhausts have been coming with a resonated midpipe, despite the ad and manufacturer saying it is a straight through midpipe. Hell even if it doesn't, you can buy a resonator and have it welded in and still be way under the cost of an AVO mid/y.

IMO I would buy a CXlightning CBE off of ebay. If you want quiet, sell the cans and you've got yourself a cheap mid/y that will bolt right up to your ERZ DP and stock cans. $690 for the AVO mid/y is absurd.

A lot of those CXlightning exhausts have been coming with a resonated midpipe, despite the ad and importer saying it is a straight through midpipe. Hell even if it doesn't, you can buy a resonator and have it welded in and still be way under the cost of an AVO mid/y.

Fixed, lol.

CXLighting is not a manufacturer. They buy Shipping containers full of parts from China and sell them on eBay. They use pix swiped from other ads in theirs. They are just a shipping warehouse. They do not open the boxes or even know what is inside.

Fixed, lol.

CXLighting is not a manufacturer. They buy Shipping containers full of parts from China and sell them on eBay. They use pix swiped from other ads in theirs. They are just a shipping warehouse. They do not open the boxes or even know what is inside.

Eh, you know what I mean. It was late and I'd had a few :lol:

If you want quiet, stay on the stock muffler canisters - but open things up as much as you can upstream if you're "Stage II."

Unless you're going with a much larger turbo, you won't be leaving too much on the table.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived