LegacyGT.com

I got approval from the "boss"...

...otherwise known as the fiancee (or in 4 months, the wife, lol) to trade in my '99 Maxima SE 5MT with 92k miles on it for a Legacy. It literally came out of nowhere. I don't talk to her about cars, and wasn't even priming her for anything. I think she saw a commercial for one and must have liked the looks of it or something. HA! She said she "[i]wants me to be safe in the snow[/i]". LOL! :lol: She wouldn't have known it was AWD so it was most likely a commercial and they mentioned the AWD system. Well, as it stands right now I'm still not planning on buying anything anytime soon. House first, car second. Will probably get an '07 [i]something-or-other[/i] (either a new '07 or an off-lease '04-05) BUT things are in a high state of flux at my job and some "big opportunities" may be coming my way, so that could all change. We'll see I guess. Still considering other cars. Accord...bleh. Camry...bleh. I really like the Mazda 6s hatchback, but our 02 Toyota Highlander already takes care of cargo needs, and the 6 needs more under the hood than the Ford 3.0 provides. Only 192 lb-ft of torque when the competition's 3.0's are putting out 210-220 or more. Chrysler 300C with the Hemi, nice and very quick but too "gangsta" looking for me, plus unproven reliability. 05+ Altima, very nicely improved but still just not feeling it for some reason. Plus Nissan resale is horrible. That would go on the "buy used" list. I still like the 04+ Maxima a lot in terms of styling, power, and space, but again Nissan depreciation is horrible. It's also on the "buy used" list. I don't think I'd consider a Legacy used. Since it's more of an enthusiast oriented car, I'd be too afraid of picking up a heavily abused nightmare. Unless of course these cars prove to be incredibly sturdy and rock solid. Anyhow, back to lurk mode. :) Steve

Hey steve...I feel you on the house thing first. Its nice to have your own driveway to park your new car in. I just closed on my first house a month ago and Im still fixing it up. Maybe i'll use the equity next year for the Leg new or buy a used Rex(still loves these cars) this year and keep my Accord. Anyways good luck.... Ian...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Kool, well at least half the battle is behind you. :) Good luck with the job situation and hopefully you'll get the toy sooner than you think, plus the house. Just smart getting the house sooner if you're at that point in life.

I had a white sti with gold rims on order until I decided that a house would be a better purchase. Hence, no sti. I am glad that I didn't get the sti now, cause I am going to get a kickarse Leg GT instead. Everything happens for a reason I guess.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I had a white sti with gold rims on order until I decided that a house would be a better purchase. Hence, no sti. I am glad that I didn't get the sti now, cause I am going to get a kickarse Leg GT instead. Everything happens for a reason I guess.[/quote] Yeah I almost bought a used 2003 WRX sedan with some reasonable mods for $18k, but then decided against it. I too am glad I have waited. :D

So what are house prices like out by you Steve or anyone else.? I just bought my 2 family in bridgeport,CT. for 244K. The houses in NYC are way too expensive so I had to look out of state.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived