LegacyGT.com

Where to buy JDM HID headlights

I'm going to answer your PM here for the education of the board. You can refer to my walkthrough:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-hid-leveling-switch-walkthrough-107524.html?t=107524&highlight=jdm+HIDs

Also bbjones':

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-hid-headlight-conversion-walkthrough-113094.html?t=113094

Need to put in some UDSM shields. My set came with JDM sockets and bulbs for the turn and city lights. The set also came with OEM bulbs and ballasts for the HIDs. I recommend you use the OEM setup as it is more reliable.

I did use the toyota parts for the connection with the leveling motors. The leveling harness has 3 pins: 1 is ground, 2 is from the switch, and 3 is +12v.

The JDM socket for the high/low/city lights is a 6 prong, the USDM is 3 prong. You need to buy two USDM headlight cord assemblies P/N 84981AG070. Cut the wires off of pin 1,2,4,5 from the JDM socket. Try to take the pin 3 and 6 out of the socket intact. 4 and 5 are +12v and are connected to the wire from pin 3 of the USDM socket (you will notice that the USDM socket joins 2 wires into a single wire that goes to pin 3). Connect the wire from the lows together; do the same for the highs. Luckily, the wires are the same color so you can't screw it up (JDM pin 1 is high and 2 is low/USDM pin one is high and 2 is low). Now the JDM lights are able to be connected to your USDM harness.

The 3 and 6 pin wires (grey/white strip and black/white strip) are to the city lights. The black/white stripe is ground the other is +12v. The city lights share a common ground with the turn signal. You will make up a harness with two runs of 18 gauge wire connecting it to the turn signal socket. Pin 1 is ground and pin 2 is +12v of the turn signal socket. Tap the ground of the city lights into the turn signal ground and plug them into pin 2 of your USDM turn signal harness. The +12v from the city light plugs into pin 1 of the USDM harness and the +12v from the turn signal socket goes into pin 3.

Never modify your car to fit the part, always modify the part to fit your car. You can always go back to stock without issues.

I have the leveling switch and it is fully functional, see the above walkthrough.

The leveling switch harness is configured:

12XX3

6 and 7 are ran out from the cabin to the leveling motors pin 2. 2 and 5 is to ground, 3 and 8 is +12v preferably from an illuminated switch nearby. Remember on the leveling motors 1 is ground, 2 is from the switch and 3 is +12v and is configured:

Archived