LegacyGT.com

Security Upgrade H7110AS600

Just bought a 1998 Legacy GT Wagon 5 speed yesterday.

It has the factory Remote Keyless Entry System H7110AS401.

Does anyone know where I can get the Security Upgrade H7110AS600?

I can't find it online anywhere - obviously going to be discontinued from

Subaru but someone might have some old stock.

Otherwise, is there a simple security system that can be installed along

with this already existing keyless entry or will the whole keyless entry system

have to be replaced with a new alarm system?

Thanks!

i think you would be better off with aftermarket system installed probably around 300$ with remote start and locks of course, 2 way with a visual remote that connects to car

i have one in my car but my remote start does not function.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/keyless-entry-no-horn-soundii-129557.html?t=129557&highlight=alarm+system

Check this out.

We all have the same brain just the upgraded system has the sensors and horn. If you could find a donor car with the system, otherwise go aftermarket it will be much easier like bassnectar said.

The H7110AS401 that you have... thats odd, because I thought all second gen leggys had the same H7110AS011. A few GT's with the basic keyless like myself, and a few that have the full anti-theft, all have that same brain as mine... I wonder why yours is different? because Subikid90 has a 98 like you but a Sedan, and he has the same brain as I do, so its not the year. maybe because yours is a wagon?

And the H7110AS600 upgrade. What does that come out of?

I would go aftermarket though as far as upgrading.

^ are you?

we need to meet up! im tired of all the wrx guys around here....

i've had good experiences with snow's auto on north division,

car toys in the valley,

and i've heard aspen sound here in the valley does good work too

Zues,

Yes. I eat at Perkins on n div sometimes and noticed Snow directly across the street.

For some reason I thought they were a tire shop. Will most of these shops do

installation of anything I bring them or do they require that I purchase an alarm system

through them?

I'm thinking of getting a Viper system from best buy but I heard they're not the best

installers.

We should start a thread on Spokane here to see if there are others in our area.

Would be great to network with some local Legacy owners. This is the first Subaru

I've owned.

where are you? I'm 3 hours from spokane. I'll be there thursday/friday :D

any recomendadtions for dinner? I like the sushi.com place OK, or the irish pub nearby there or mizuna (is that still there?)

Zues,

Yes. I eat at Perkins on n div sometimes and noticed Snow directly across the street.

For some reason I thought they were a tire shop. Will most of these shops do

installation of anything I bring them or do they require that I purchase an alarm system

through them?

I'm thinking of getting a Viper system from best buy but I heard they're not the best

installers.

We should start a thread on Spokane here to see if there are others in our area.

Would be great to network with some local Legacy owners. This is the first Subaru

I've owned.

snow's will do install of outside purchased stuff im pretty sure, if not there's Tranceworx in the valley that i think does it...

best buy suck at installing things, plus ive heard the installers go steal the things they installed using the customer's addresses

yeah theres some localish guys from the boards here...jimmy from canadia, 98gtlover from sandpoint...

go to nwtuners.com.. its a mainly E.wa/ n.idaho forum you guys should check out, im tired of being the only subie at these meets, lol

where are you? I'm 3 hours from spokane. I'll be there thursday/friday :D

any recomendadtions for dinner? I like the sushi.com place OK, or the irish pub nearby there or mizuna (is that still there?)

North Spokane.

I like sushi.com (for anyone seeing this - that is the actual name of the

restaurant). Takara's in Coeur d'Alene is the best Japanese restaurant

around but little spendy and 40 minutes from here but worth it.

That Irish pub I think is O'Dohrty's (spelling??) across the street from the

Carousel. It's a 1 minute walk from Sushi.com. O'Dohrty's has some good

stew, etc... Have fun!

Archived