LegacyGT.com

I have no Constant power....

in my head unit, subaru wire diagram is so different from mine, i found one diagram, and 2 other members has given me 2 different ones and none of them match completely

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh265/SayingSorry1988/headunitproblem002.jpg

this is from my factory radio

top row colors, 1.blue/red 2. white/red 3. blue/yellow (gap) 4.brown/white 5. red/yellow 6.green/white

bottom row, 1.green/orange 2. red/black 3.red/white 4.solid black 5. solid yellow 6.solid green 7.white/black 8. yellow/blue

shitty pic which is why i wrote down the order of the colors. any idea which wire is the Constant power? getting tired of resetting the radio everytime.

Those colors exactly match the "1995-1999" column in my Legacy/Outback pin-out table:

When you are looking at the rear of the car's harness (like in your picture in post #1 here), the pin numbers go:

6  5  4  -  -  3  2  1
14 13 12 11 10  9  8  7

Note that the colors I show in "Column B" of my table (at the far right) are what you'll find on aftermarket install harnesses (and aftermarket radio harnesses).

Since your car has loose wires, you've likely blown the fuse for +12V Constant / Memory. Your clock probably isn't working either. That fuse is in the panel under the hood (but don't replace it until after you've finished rejoining wires).

Archived