LegacyGT.com

Which is more fun around town... turbo or N/A? 2005-2009

SilentPwr

First of all, PLEASE do not turn this thread into a GT vs. 2.5i flame war... I like each model for their specific attributes. I just want to get opinions from people who have spent a lot of time in each, and why they think one would be better than another for MY situation.

I'm looking to get a Legacy, manual only, but am torn about whether I want to get a GT or 2.5i. I do mostly city driving, and the roads are fairly twisty where I live. Some highway driving, but not much. I've test driven a couple 2.5i and GT models, and it seems the GT's are almost too "smooth" of an overall driving experience. I know the suspension is the same, but it just seemed that the engine was more quiet, and it just seemed to lose that "scrappy" character of the 2.5i. Anyone else agree? Of course the turbo has more power and is more fun in that department, no question about that.

So, I guess my real question is does the GT still have that "scrappy" Subie character to it, or do you feel it's too refined? I've owned several 86-91 RX-7's over the years, including two turbo versions. While I loved the turbo versions for their power, the one that stands out as the most fun to me was the 88 base model I had... very light and nimble. Thanks for you thoughts!

2.5i saves your wallet, but GT is definitely more fun in any kind of road ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think white tiger hit it on the head...

i have a 2.5i and yes its fun but i would much rather be in a GT and if i could have afforded one i would have been in one. So i would say go GT youll be happier. I do mostly city driving and dont get great MPG prob the same as I would get with a GT.

switched from 05 2.5i to 08 lgt, mpg dropped from 23 - 17, not to mention premium gas only, how u like that

edit: city driving

• 2 weeks later...
switched from 05 2.5i to 08 lgt, mpg dropped from 23 - 17, not to mention premium gas only, how u like that

edit: city driving

im getting avge 19.5 mixed in my 2.5. i don't like the gas mileage of this car at all.

Archived