LegacyGT.com

Ordered my 2.5i

I went with the 2.5i instead of the GT because the GT would've been $29k OTD, a bit more than $28k OTD at invoice. I knew these things were selling around MSRP, but I was pretty sure I could get a deal. It did take me 5 friggin hours, but I got it done. They didn't have a dedicated fleet/internet sales guy, so it was hard. I used the middle guy by playing around with him, getting him to give me silly deals on things I knew he had no idea what the real prices were...I offered $24k OTD if they included the painted GT hood w/ scoop and 100k warranty. I'm sure the sales manager almost slapped him when he brought it to him. I had a hard time keeping myself from laughing. But that opened the door for the deal I really wanted, which was $23k OTD. He countered with $23.5, I said FU (not really), he said how about a night with my secretary (i wish, she was a milf!), $23.25, I said $23.20. We were apart by $50! $23,250 out the door it was, but with every future accessory/part at invoice and a free Momo shift knob. $21,442 purchase price. Basically paid $280 under MSRP and got every option at invoice, so it came out to $1200 under MSRP and $760 over invoice. They have no blue 5 speeds in CA, so I had to order one. Actually there probably will be one listed in the directory once everyone has their side airbag issues dealt with. If there is a blue one out there, good, because I can haggle them even more since it most likely won't have the right options I want...I want no more no less than what I picked out, but I'll probably settle for some oil/air filters, cargo net, etc. They also gave me a good price on my trade-in, which I really appreciated, considering the price is good until the car comes in. The only thing I want in the GT is the guages, hood scoop, and suspension. I can probably get all those later, definately carbon fiber on the hood/scoop. It'll be tight with the dark blue body. The turbo I don't really need, as the GT ads $6k to the price tag. Other than that, I probably won't mod this thing very much. You know, it was fun to haggle. :lol: But if I were one of you guys, especially if you don't have a late model trade-in that will depreciate, sign up with IMBA.com for a year for $25 and after 6 months, you can buy any Subaru at invoice.

purchase price on the GT would be $26k with the basic options I wanted, which was just the momo shift knob, air filtration, and all weather mats. taxes, title, registration, for out here would be an extra 10-11%, so it'd be $29k OTD.

Oh yeah, if you're in CA, check out Thousand Oaks Mazda-Subaru. Talk to Zeb....you can get a quote request through edmunds. He's a real fleet guy. He'll do the Legacy for $200 over invoice. He has a blue auto in stock, but I wanted a manual, and I don't think he would've given me as much for my trade.

Congratulations on being reasonnable, practical and logical and getting the 2.5i. In real life, on real roads, if the the i and the GT leave at the same time for the same destination, they will also arrive at the same time. :twisted: Please report back on your car's overall performance when you get it. There is very little feedback on the USDM naturally-aspirated Legacies, especially with the 5-speed manual.

Unfortunately, they were closing when I got there so I couldn't drive the GT...will have to tomorrow. I checked out the smog stickers today. The 2.5i is way on the extreme clean side and the GT is on the nearly too much smog side! Those of you with GT's better not remove any cats, for sure you will not pass smog. I'm surprised everyone here is getting the GT. hmmm...don't know if I can handle being jealous. Driving a fast car slow knowing it's got a lot inside would actually be more pleasing to me than gunning it. The only time I almost race people is when the light turns green and I have to get in front or something, but the AWD launch will take care of that.

I was referring to the GT. But that's expensive where I bought mine, as you can probably get it for $27k OTD if you talk to Zeb in Thousand Oaks. I bought mine in San Luis Obispo. If you are flexible on the color, I'm sure he can find you a limited for $29.6-$30k OTD, depending on what you want in the car. Too much for my blood. I calculated it'd cost me an extra $700/yr to own a GT over 5 years, so I'm sticking with the pocket and envirofriendly 2.5i. I'm gonna finalize all the options tomorrow.

[quote name='axis008']I really want a GT but a 2.5i might be more reasonable. Since I really want a turbo, if I end up with a 2.5i, do you think they'll be making an aftermarket turbo kit later on in the future?[/quote] You'd probably just end up doing an engine swap. :D

The WRX is still a decent car, but look at insurance, etc. and see if the Leg GT is really what you want. Personally, I really like the looks of the most recent itteration of the WRX in Japan too. :P [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/wrx/concept/03/imgs/w1.jpg[/img]

Honestly, I don't think there will be any mass produced turbo kits, as I don't believe there has been for the Impreza 2.5RS, which people have wanted for years. I'm sure you can do a custom turbo. I'm sure RIPP Mods would be willing to make a supercharger if you let them use your car for development. They are an awesome company. The insurance quote I got from Mercury was $100/yr more than the 2.5i. However, that may or may not jump to $500/yr later on. I remember when the WRX came out, insurance was dirt cheap, because the people buying them were the same ones that bought other Subaru's. Then all the ricer kiddies started buying them, crashing them, and the insurance rates skyrocketed.

[quote name='SUBE555']The WRX is still a decent car, but look at insurance, etc. and see if the Leg GT is really what you want. Personally, I really like the looks of the most recent itteration of the WRX in Japan too. :P [img]http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/wrx/concept/03/imgs/w1.jpg[/img][/quote] Wow. That looks awesome! 8) If only Legacys came in THAT color... :(

[quote name='7stars']it's really darker? that's odd. it looked very bright to me in the sunlight.[/quote] In the light, the reflection of the pearl paint makes it appear brighter, and I do like that shade....but the cloudy day shots make it look, well, IMO less than inspiring.

Archived