LegacyGT.com

How do Cobb's realtime maps work?

Yamarocket630

Specifically, it is neccesary to leave the accessport connected for the RT map to work?

If not and the map is somehow temporarily stored in the ECM, then is there any reason that open source can't do this? other than the possible obvious answer that open source developers do this all for free and don't have the resources...

assuming you are talking about APv2

if anything you'd want to flash the base map.

flashing the base map would change the realtime map as well. but you can change the realtime map whenever you want.

APv1.

if it's a custom tune , you need both the real time and base map to make a "full" running map as the amount of parameter change is limited on the V1.

..........maybe i'm not understanding what you mean...

I believe there is an unused portion of the ECU's memory that Cobb writes to. Once the battery is disconnected it will revert to the last flash. And no, you don't need the AP connected.

That's true for the Realtime map - but the base map will actually replace your ECU's stock map.

(Disclamer: I'm a noob to this, don't trust me)

My understanding is the "real time" map is what the ECU is actially opperating with in RAM, were as the base map is in flash. RAM is a lot faster then flash, so the ECU loads all the "base map" tables into ram upon startup. Real time tuning is done by writing to those ram locations while the ECU is opperating (hence real time). Any changes in RAM will be lost if power is disconnected, but it does not require the car be put into test mode to write to it.

You don't need any custom code on the ECU to do this, just a map of were the tables are in RAM. There is some work on the opensource side of things to do a "real time" tune by updating the ram maps, but no one has it outside of the devs.

It will definitely stay loaded until you reset the ECU or disconnect the battery. Using the APv2 you can check to see what base map you're running, and what (if different) realtime map you're running.

I have a 93 octane map that I use as a base map, and when I fill up with E85, I load the realtime E85 map. When I go back to 93, I load the realtime 93 map. Simple! Fast! Easy!

(Disclamer: I'm a noob to this, don't trust me)

My understanding is the "real time" map is what the ECU is actially opperating with in RAM, were as the base map is in flash. RAM is a lot faster then flash, so the ECU loads all the "base map" tables into ram upon startup. Real time tuning is done by writing to those ram locations while the ECU is opperating (hence real time). Any changes in RAM will be lost if power is disconnected, but it does not require the car be put into test mode to write to it.

You don't need any custom code on the ECU to do this, just a map of were the tables are in RAM. There is some work on the opensource side of things to do a "real time" tune by updating the ram maps, but no one has it outside of the devs.

On the AP you can't edit every parameter in realtime. Some stuff requires a reflash, like closed loop settings. In AccessTuner you can see what can be edited in real time.

On the search for a new DD...

Archived