LegacyGT.com

Any Other Spec.B's With 100k?

I rolled it over to six digits today. I don't recall seeing any other Spec.B's on here with 100,000 miles on them but doubt that I'm the first. But for those who wonder about how the first batch of 500 '06's hold up over the long haul:

- Still on original headlight bulbs! And the DRL's have been enabled the whole time.

- Front brakes are original; rear rotors and pads replaced at 93k

- Both rear wheel bearings replaced free under extended warranty

- Original battery lasted until about 90k

- Been through two sets of RE050's + 1 set of Dunlop Winter Sport tires

- Only mods: JDM tailights, Borla catback, XM radio, upgraded speakers

- Mobil 1 + Subaru filters every 4000 miles

- All scheduled maintenance done

- Replaced water pump and timing belt at 93k; didn't want to wait to 105k

- No other repairs

- Lots of soap has gotten into the intercooler

Still runs great. Best car I ever owned. Am hoping it goes to 200k.

I had my crappy factory pads replaced during my 30,000 service. They had over 50% life left, but I hated them. I've had to have my rotors turned TWICE because of warping issues. I wish we had the STI Brembos, oh well.

That is really odd that the rear rotors were replaced before the fronts. I think I replaced front and rear after 50k... or maybe I just had them 'turned' and machined, I can't really remember.

I agree. Even though I'm not a modder, I get the work done at a tuning shop that does a ton of Subies. The guy there said they occasionally see the rears go first. It won't be long until the front ones have to be done though. Maybe I just don't use the brakes all that often, because I haven't had to replace any brake light bulbs either. :)

Archived