LegacyGT.com

Must Disable Average MPG display!

This thing makes me drive like grandma - it is almost hypnotic in it's control over me... Must.... Not....Let...MPG...go...down...another .3.... I'm getting in people's way, probably causing chaos behind me on the highway.

Yes, I can "turn the channel", but like the sisters siren, it always draws me back. On my quest to preserve that ever precious .3 average mpg, I spend the rest of my time looking at the real time mpg.

My dad has the same problem with his car - always driving to please the avg mpg display.

Please, tell me how to make it display boost, or humidity, or SOMETHING!

:lol:

I made the mistake of starting this tank with a warm car at filling station right next to a highway. So I had 28.8 when I got to work with 20 miles or so on the clock. I've been decelerating ever since (currently at 26.1 in mixed driving).

im the same way... always makes me drive slow....ill look at the number then ill see a gas station with 2.76 that pops out... its horrible...

and

another question... with the display set at where it shows you how many miles you have left... does any body get like 50, 49, 48,47 or do you just get set of ten like, 50,40, 30...

wish boost was on that display. Subaru failed on that one because it's the only one I really want to see other than outside temp.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know that the Subaru Forester guys got boost displayed on the dash in the stock digital display- why can't we?

Miles to empty, IMO, is a worthless display. And yes, it's only in multiples of 10.

Not really, it allows you to do a check to ensure your gas guage is working correctly and is accurate. I have used it several times. Gives you an idea of how far you can go based on your recent driving habits. I like it! :D

-S

Yeah, it goes by 10's right down to 20. Then after 20 it goed "--". We were really out of gas and we thought we were ok, then it went -- and we were like AHHHHHH. But in the end we had half a gallon left by the time we got to the gas station. that was a few months ago

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Subaru Forester guys got boost displayed on the dash in the stock digital display

Now this is just wrong (that the Forester gets a boost display and Legacy GT owners do not). (See quote above for reference to my reply) I felt a virtual slap in the face as I read this.

Soup Nazi - No Boost for you!! (A reference to a Seinfeld show character implying that you do not get the boost display that Forester owners do)

Clear enough? :mad:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Now this is just wrong. I felt a virtual slap in the face as I read this.

(Soup Nazi - No Boost for you!!)

Try again with words that make sense? :D

im obsessed with the time elapsed clock,, i time evrything now and diff routes

It was really cool the first time I had been driving the car around more than an hour. The E/T display blinked .. it was way cool :)

Now this is just wrong (that the Forester gets a boost display and Legacy GT owners do not). (See quote above for reference to my reply) I felt a virtual slap in the face as I read this.

Soup Nazi - No Boost for you!! (A reference to a Seinfeld show character implying that you do not get the boost display that Forester owners do)

Clear enough? :mad:

There is a mod that replaces the factory clock w/ a boost gauge (among other things)

But it is NOT A FACTORY piece....

There is a mod that replaces the factory clock w/ a boost gauge (among other things)

But it is NOT A FACTORY piece....

That's ok Crash. I'm over it now. The LGT does everything right. My sniveling for a boost display is really not justified.

Archived