LegacyGT.com

weird brake problem

so i just got done doing a brake job, drilled and slotted all around, did everything it said to about breaking it in, now the weird thing, when the ABS brake light is off, the car shudders when braking, when its on it stops no problem, no shuddering or nothing then the light goes off and it happens again, so what the hell is going on here :spin:

hmm...it's definitely a sensor from what I can get from this. abs sensor, speed sensor...hook it up to the obd and see what you can draw from it. when the light kicks on it should throw a code, or it may already be throwing one. I'd start there, it doesn't sound mechanical at all to me. just my $0.02

good luck, sorry I can't be any more help. I'm doing my brakes in a couple weeks (solid rotors w/ceramics), and hopefully it goes off without a hitch. let us know how things work out for you!

my abs light had always been on and a had it read but the errors dont come up for the abs light.. if it where up to me i would just remove my abs.. saves weight.. in fact we should start a thread about this.. anything and everything that can save weight in the car. for the last 5 years thats the line a say nearly 20 times a day.....

"HEY JOE you should get your rust fixed"

me:"NAH. its saves me weight!

"now why did you remove your interior"

"SAVES WEIGHT"

now amp, it looks like you realized your dream. if I didn't share the legacy with my brother, I'd bare bones the thing too. get some runflats to take out the spare, lightweight internals, and so on. I'll be following the other thread :)

whos that guy, the abs seems to increase stopping distance alot when it kicks in. that freaks me out all the time...if you know how to drive without it, cut your losses, live with the abs light, and just remove the system. no harm done right?

Check your sensor locations at each wheel. It's possible one or more of them were dislodged during the brake retrofit and that would cause both a light and the reaction that you're getting.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

i'll have to check in afew days once im under to replace the rear caliber bracket, but for now im gonna pull the fuse out, but small problem, the fuse box in the engine bay, the cover doesnt say which one is the fuse, its all in subanese >.> which isnt helpful since i dont know jap. or chinese >.> whoever made the car, should probby look that up. can someone take a pic of their fuse box and show me? if ure not having the same languish problem as me

email me your addy and I'll send you the wiring diagram. It has all of the fuses listed, there's at least two fuses for the ABS, one for the ABS module and one for the ABS/Trans Control System.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived