LegacyGT.com

New Road & Track "Premium Sport Sedan" Comparo

Everyone of you will change your tune when the 2012 Legacy STI with 350hp comes rolling off the flat bed at your nearest dealer. :lol:

Keep dreaming pal. Didn't you notice that Subaru isn't interested in making enthusiasts sedans anymore beyond the WRX, and that they are focusing their efforts on wagon/SUV's for lesbians and an AWD Camry clone?

I see the 05-09s as a pointless car.

Of course you do. The 05-09 LGT was a BMW fighter with a good interior, power, and plenty of options. It's competition was Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Volvo and Mazdaspeed.

And Subaru managed to do this for $35k tops fully optioned (No Spec B.)

The 2010 is ugly, decontented, under powered out the gate, with one of the worst interiors and tech packages in its segment period. It's nothing more than a Camry alternative at best, and that is not a complement.

So yeah, it makes sense that you would think the 05-09 is pointless. It must suck to live in a such a long shadow.

It's nothing more than a Camry alternative at best, and that is not a complement.

Does the Camry have anything other than the base engine with a stick? Nope

Does the Camry have a turbo engine? Nope

Does the Camry have AWD? Nope

Yeah, it really is the same thing as a Camry...

The 2010 is ugly, decontented, under powered out the gate, with one of the worst interiors and tech packages in its segment period.

Styling is a personal preference. Your saying it is ugly is strictly your opinion. And how is it underpowered when it has more HP than the outgoing model, with nearly the same weight? The interior seems just fine so I don't know what to say with that. One thing I can comment on is that the metal-look trim is lightyears ahead in the 2010. Much nicer looking than the 05-09 matte stuff. As for the tech package- what exactly is it missing? Are you one of the techie types who get off on crap like pushing a button to make the car start instead of a key? About the only thing I'd like is HIDs, but the old model lacked this as well.

Of course you do. The 05-09 LGT was a BMW fighter with a good interior, power, and plenty of options. It's competition was Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Volvo and Mazdaspeed.

The 05-09s did not compete interior wise with BMW or Acura. That's laughable. And beyond the SI-drive and a automatic trans, what options did the 05-09 have that this doesn't? Is the 08+ WRX awful too since it is manual only?

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

... idiot.

:lol::lol: Serious

You brought the 2010 and have an inferiority complex about it. Check yourself.

You want to see an idiot? Use a mirror. My LGT doesnt give me self esteem issues

:lol::lol: Serious

You brought the 2010 and have an inferiority complex about it. Check yourself.

You want to see an idiot? Use a mirror. My LGT doesnt give me self esteem issues

Hardly the case in either situation. It's just ******* annoying to see people to go out of the way to bash the 2010. I'm sure I could find a less than favorable review of the gen 4 if I searched.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

i think LGTs are in there own category cuz camery doesnt offer any sporty things to there car, accord is FWD, altima scuks @ss, new sonata has turbo but FWD, and other cars are over priced for AWD. people get subaru cuz its subaru if they wanted other cars they would, but they got subaru cuz its a subaru.

its like what are you going to compare nissan 370Z with? you cant get a sports car for the price of a Z imo.

i think LGTs are in there own category cuz camery doesnt offer any sporty things to there car, accord is FWD, altima scuks @ss, new sonata has turbo but FWD, and other cars are over priced for AWD. people get subaru cuz its subaru if they wanted other cars they would, but they got subaru cuz its a subaru.

its like what are you going to compare nissan 370Z with? you cant get a sports car for the price of a Z imo.

Not only are you apparently incapable of utilizing proper English, but you don't seem to realize that the LGT is not all that sporty. Face reality dude, Subaru is building a car aimed squarely at competing with the vanilla Accord/Camry. You can try to talk up the AWD all you want but it is not the end all be all of handling and performance especially in a mushy suspension like that found under most any Subaru.

Also not sure if you're aware of this but there are a few cars quicker than a 370Z for around the same money. In fact given the advent of the new Ford Mustang with its 5.0L DOHC V8 putting down 411hp in a package that is reasonably light, and handles pretty well, I'd say the 370Z is pretty much a rip off.

Does the Camry have anything other than the base engine with a stick? Nope

uh... Actually it has the 2.5 V4 and the 3.5 V6.

not with a stick though :rolleyes:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Archived