Car:

2005 Subaru Legacy GT w/ 5EAT

Hardware (all used):

2005 Single cat gutted downpipe

2005 STI uppipe

Cobb AP1

Running

Cobb Stage 2 ACN 91 (1.17)

Had a shop install the UP/DP/gaskets on Saturday.

Just finally loaded the map, looks like it went through just fine, got rid of the CEL.

Noticed:

• It's smoother, little bit more power at 2000
  • Seems to kick at 2700 instead of 3100 rpm
  • Smells partially like exhaust when the windows are down (since the
  • I did spill some oil on the engine recently (by the oil input area), but it doesn't smell like burning oil.
  • My speed getting onto the freeway was 10 mph faster than usual.

I'm concerned about 2 things mainly.

• The smell, but unsure what it could be.
  • I thought there would be a bit more umph. Granted I'm using a Cobb map designed for shit California gas (91 here, supposedly closer to 89 in other states) AND it's a 5EAT. I'm yet to floor it from a standstill, but I didn't notice the boost gauge reading higher than 1.00 (if it did, it only went barely over)

I was just wondering if anyone else has had something similar. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or should I be concerned?

no the smell is actually your exhaust fumes. our cars create a vacuum effect when either the driver or pass. window is open. but not both.

something to do with recirc. vents in the trunk? i get it too. i discovered it on here tested it myself, (1- 1st and 2nd gear pull with the driver window cracked, it smelled... rolled up the window, and i could no longer smell it

Unfortunately I have the AP1 so I don't think I can log it.

Might be time to look into a tactrix cable.

Just in case anyone has the answer off the top of their heads and wants to save me a search, do you drive your car during an e-tune? Now that I type that I'd imagine you'd have to since otherwise I don't see how you'd get a reading in 2nd and 3rd...

Damn, I have a laptop but my battery can hold a charge for a grand total of 20 minutes nowadays.

You have a 2005, so you can use a $20 VAG-COM cable to log, rather than the expensive Tactrix cable. That's good, because it sounds like you need a new laptop!

For e-tuning, you receive a conservative map from your tuner vie email and upload it to the car, then you go out and log, which is usually 3rd gear pulls from 2000rpm to redline, then you send the log to your tuner, and he makes some tweaks and send you a new map to upload. Log and repeat process until satisfied.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Unfortunately I have the AP1 so I don't think I can log it.

Might be time to look into a tactrix cable.

Just in case anyone has the answer off the top of their heads and wants to save me a search, do you drive your car during an e-tune? Now that I type that I'd imagine you'd have to since otherwise I don't see how you'd get a reading in 2nd and 3rd...

Damn, I have a laptop but my battery can hold a charge for a grand total of 20 minutes nowadays.

Come get a road tune and sell the APV1 no need for any cables...and you can pickup your OEM uppipe I still have...:lol:

Come get a road tune and sell the APV1 no need for any cables...and you can pickup your OEM uppipe I still have...:lol:

Hahaha, no kidding.

Need to wait a bit though, apparently I thought I had $50 that I apparently didn't so a bunch of tiny $3 transactions resulted me my account being overdrafted $300

...thank you US Bank...

I wish we had 93 Octane here :(

Hell even normal 91 Octane would be nice.

Too lazy to deal with octane booster for every fill up though, and it's a DD so I'm not too worried.

I just went about 200 miles since flashing and I must say after driving fairly hard for those 200 miles, the ECU has adjusted nicely and wow.

With just a bit of gas the Turbo is already spooled up. It's actually kinda hard in the morning not to drive too hard to let the car warm up before driving it harder (I don't know how true it is, just a rumor I heard about turbo'd cars where you're supposed to drive somewhat normally for a bit before driving it harder).

Ah it's pretty sweet :)

Archived