LegacyGT.com

looking to get a 95 legacy l wagon, some ?

Im going to go look at 95 leg l wagon 5spd for $2250 has 167000 miles on it. Is that a good buy? I know that I need to look for obvious leaks and maintinance (timing belt, water pump etc...) what else should i look for?

thanks

That is not a bad deal, I would go for it. I'm pretty sure its a 2.2 so you don't have to worry about head gaskets but the timing belt I would make sure was done. You see these go for anywhere from 1.5k to 4k depending on condition. So if this car has rust and dirty then I would offer maybe 2k. But if the body and motor are in good condition then I would be all over it for that price. The miles are not to high either which is also good.

not bad at all really low miles for that price but tell the guy you'll give him 2k cause the wheels are steels or something like that. haha I thinks its a great buy, perfect to do a sti swap haha go for it

edit: I just saw its a sohc and not a dohc. I don't know how much a difference that makes but from my understanding the DOHC is the way to go in the world of ej22. I have two and they are both dohc

not bad at all really low miles for that price but tell the guy you'll give him 2k cause the wheels are steels or something like that. haha I thinks its a great buy, perfect to do a sti swap haha go for it

edit: I just saw its a sohc and not a dohc. I don't know how much a difference that makes but from my understanding the DOHC is the way to go in the world of ej22. I have two and they are both dohc

Just bought the car, It drives great and owner says he babied never ragged on/ Clutch been done a year ago, and looks like the timing belts been done also but will check to make sure. minimal leaks/seepage but no leaks from valve cover to my surprise. The shift link is either broken or loose but you can still get into gears just that the shifter just flops around. Other than the some rust on rear quarter panel and lower front door it drives awesome. Will post some pics soon.

Things I would check if I were you:

• not only did the timing belt get changed but did the idlers that it moves on get changed at the same time?? (had one sieze up due to age which then killed the belt)

• what shape is the exhaust system in?
  • is the clutch original? (probably). I think the expectation on them is 200K.

I bought my '95 in 2003 for $3000. It had 119,000 miles on it at the time and was in superb condition except for a leaking oil seal on the front of the motor. I now have 223,000 miles on it with few problems.

John

Archived