LegacyGT.com

what do you guys think of the weapon R intake?

Hey so i have a weapon R intake, with Maf sensor and a weird foam filter.

this is one of the most available intakes for the 2nd gen sedan, my only question is what do you guys think of the filter? because I like the intake and it sounds pretty good, but its been installed on the car for past 2 owners and never cleaned, the solution to clean it is 20$ online w/o shipping. so i was thinking to just throw a Aem filter on because it has a 3" connector.

What do you guys think? do you think a normal air filter will provide a little benifit to me

Pics enclosed

thanks

DSC00438.thumb.jpg.8a1163988c2645bae0aa7156ba35a987.jpg

This will work well for your 98 LGT

I dont really want to redo the intake already there are other priorities for it but i agree the cold air intakes look alot better my coolant has never hit half temp though i was thinking of building a heat sheild for it

I think the Dragon filter works very well, im gonna order the cleaning stuff and the replacement foam for the inside is 9$ off ebay you can get any colour you want!

lol

but in the meantime i did pick up a ractive filter which is a little larger in size so ill be testing that out the next few days. and ill let everyone know my results the car sounds a little different but i just drove around the block and couldnt tell much a difference

DSC00524.thumb.jpg.1d842f03caa2d888c5f61ed71e5b01ec.jpg

DSC00528.thumb.jpg.b3107a1acb6e2456a57046e93734b0c1.jpg

so headsup with the tornado filter i feel like the car is smoother off the line it doesnt buck or hesitate as much which makes me believe the dragon one was pretty dirty, my car starts to sound powerful at around 3000 where it started at 4000 on the old filter

my car sounds more like a porsche with this filter =)

• 4 weeks later...

i believe they all are theres 3 or so hoses coming off the intake and into the engine but i didnt install this, my mechanic kinda cussed it (48 year old asian guy who only likes stock) but its installed pretty well and i believe the rubber adapters are sealed properly and everythings tight

the benifit to me is thats its a ram intake and not cold air, which gives more low end torque i believe but can degrade because its inhaling warm engine air, vs truly cold air inside the fender, it sounds amazing!

and black and gold we have the same car pretty much!

Archived