LegacyGT.com

Need Advice on returning troubled TEIN H Tech 2005 LGT

Mblock66

Well at first it was the rears that were the issue. Now the front is way off too. I just want to get this thing back to stock b/c the ride is seriously enough to give you a concussion.

Once I have new struts in and stock strings I will get another alignment and make sure the camber is correct. I should go to subaru and complain though. There is no reason that they should have had the camber in the front so bad that it killed 2 new tires in 5 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to AZP Installs for getting the swap done for me this weekend. After taking everything apart it turns out my OEM struts were perfectly fine and after putting new ones on and putting the stock springs back on, the ride is still pretty harsh. It is slightly better but nothing like I was thinking it would be. The only thing left I can think of is that I have worn out so much rubber on the insides of my tires that it is not getting any shock absorbsion for the tire??

Anyway, if anyone is looking for cheap working OEM struts I will be selling them. I guess I need to get an alignment and maybe new tires, otherwise I give up

We took a look at them and the fronts were starting to rip but nothing terrible. I am sure they are part of the equation though. I actually asked him if we could just replace them right there and he said they were in stock (whiteline versions of them) but he didn't feel comfortable doing them since he hadn't before, and another guy that works for you is a pro at them.

I figured it would have been easier to do them all while we were under there and the suspension was dropped but another time I guess.

How much is something like that Mike? The total job to replace the bushings?

Tire pressure is actually higher right now since the toe/camber is so bad I was trying to get it to ride more on the middle of the rubber, but even at 35 psi it is still harsh

The whiteline LCA Bushings run $120 and $200 for the install. Sorry Jake couldn't do it Sat, the rest of the crew was at NJ Motorsports working the Race Event there.

35 PSi should have softened things up a bit.

Could be strut tops being bad although that's not likely the culprit.

-mike

Well I got my alignment today, what a joke. They told me that the fronts were already really close and they can't see a reason why in 10k miles brand new tires would have worn that much on the inside.

So they said that putting in the new struts must have somehow perfectly corrected the front alignment and must have been way off prior to intalling them..

Sounds to me like they didn't want to take the blame for a bad alignment 12 months ago and ruining 2 brand new tires.

They also told me the rear right is at .19 toe in but they can't fix it b/c the bolt is siezed and turns the whole bushing. They would need to drill out the bolt and replace it and align from there which would be $110. So I said leave it. .19 shouldn't do all that much.

Archived