LegacyGT.com

Why does my A/C always turn?

Is that true? What do the up & down arrows on the wheel do then? I thought they were there to go through the pre-set stations. I'm currently looking for an 09 Limited instead of an 08 because I wanted steering wheel audio controls.

The up and down buttons cross volume and you can SEEK from the wheel, but you can't scroll your presets.

Honestly, the Suby's stereo controls on the wheel are one of the worst I've seen in terms of function (no pre-set scroll) and feel (terrible clickiness and sometimes the buttons feel like they are sticking). My (base) $15k Honda Civic from 2006 is far better here.

Do yourself a favor and just accept that you'll be hitting 1-6 for presets, and occasionally using the knob on the stereo for big volume adjustments :)

I thought the + & - buttons would be for volume and the up & down arrows would be to scroll through the preset stations. That's interesting.

Its actually even dumber than you realize. On the Impreza/Forester, the up/down arrows do scroll through the presets. Only the Legacy is retarded in having the arrows do a seek function.

I leave my air on the window/feet setting 99% of the time without the a/c issue. The trick is if you turn the air off and the a/c is off, then use the '^' fan button to turn the air on, the a/c will not kick on with the window/feet setting this way.

Not a fan of the auto climate.

Archived