LegacyGT.com

GT Hood on my 2.5i

everybody here is talking crazy about a non turbo leggy having a hood scoop. does everyone realize that for years subaru would equip many non turbo outback and legacy models out with the hood scoop?? my first leggy was a 97. hoodscoop, no turbo. im still living to tell my story. OP best shot is making a for trade thread. many ppl want the non hoodscoop for their FMIC. ull get a trade eventually.

everybody here is talking crazy about a non turbo leggy having a hood scoop. does everyone realize that for years subaru would equip many non turbo outback and legacy models out with the hood scoop?? my first leggy was a 97. hoodscoop, no turbo. im still living to tell my story.

:lol:

If the guy likes the look, I don't see the problem. Personally I'd be worried about extra detritus getting on the engine=more work keeping clean.

I saw yuns arguing about "yuns and Yins" and i wanted to put my 2 cents in the pot. I'm from southwest Pa(go stillers) and yuns is from beautiful somerset county, bedford county, fulton county, and a little bit of blair. Yins is from the jagoffs (pittsburgh term) in pittsburgh.

I also want to say that i am looking for a gt hood as well for my L but I'm doing a build with this car and it will soon(soon being a year) be pushing 350hp to the wheels.

everybody here is talking crazy about a non turbo leggy having a hood scoop. does everyone realize that for years subaru would equip many non turbo outback and legacy models out with the hood scoop?? my first leggy was a 97. hoodscoop, no turbo. im still living to tell my story. OP best shot is making a for trade thread. many ppl want the non hoodscoop for their FMIC. ull get a trade eventually.

yeah they did that but for the BP/BL legacy they definitely did not so it doesn't really make sense to do it

AMEN!! its a darn hood scoop, not the end of the world if theres not a turbo under it

yeah they did that but for the BP/BL legacy they definitely did not so it doesn't really make sense to do it

So because Subaru decided to ditch the scoop on non turbo models it would be sacreligous to swap a hood w/ a scoop onto a n/a 4th Gen? They also left spats off of our cars but plenty of GT guys decided to bolt those on. Subaru decided to include reflectors in the headlights, a seat belt chime, in some cases a rear spoiler, non tinted tails, and no front lip on the 4th Gens but plenty of ppl remove/add/modify those parts. not trying to argue here, but i think that "b/c subaru didnt do it" is a weak arguement. in fact, if everyone believed that then this website and others like it would not be nearly as popular/interesting/helpful/ entertaining as they are.

if i had more bank, id throw a stealth FMIC on my GT and trade the OP my hood w/ scoop for his scoopless....then F some Stis and Evos in the A. I agree that a scoop w/out turbo would do more bad for me than good. but for the OP, and others like him, more power to them if they want to carry on Subarus tradition of hoodscoops on non turbo models. can i get a suuu?

It is aluminum and lighter, but I highly doubt that weight savings would add much in the way of horsepower with an N/A.

I'm not hating on the fact that OP might be seen as misrepresenting the car, because there are plenty of people on here with STi badging on their LGTs even though there isn't an STi version. Its just that there are other things to do to upgrade the exterior looks without adding the hood scoop. Spoiler, blacked out headlights, tinted tails, grills, etc.

It's cool; I'm with the band

i'd the hood scoop since you like it. doesn't mean anything.....now if you put a spec b emblem or sti emblem that's a little different.

nope that to me is retarded, but in my mind adding a scoop isnt making the car something its not..honestly didnt think this was goin to turn into a big debate..:confused:

It is aluminum and lighter, but I highly doubt that weight savings would add much in the way of horsepower with an N/A.

I'm not hating on the fact that OP might be seen as misrepresenting the car, because there are plenty of people on here with STi badging on their LGTs even though there isn't an STi version. Its just that there are other things to do to upgrade the exterior looks without adding the hood scoop. Spoiler, blacked out headlights, tinted tails, grills, etc.

my spoiler is on its way, looking into tinted tails and a new grille..last want my windows tinted..this whole thing got blown out of proportion..its just a scoop, you GT guys are kinda testy eh?? didnt want this to turn into a big debate..if there were more exterior aftermarket add on parts a scoop might be in question.. well see what my subie looks like with er spoiler on first..

surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but.. isn't the GT hood aluminum and considerably lighter than the 2.5i hood? Has anyone confirmed this?

My 2.5i has an aluminum hood as well.;)

my spoiler is on its way, looking into tinted tails and a new grille..last want my windows tinted..this whole thing got blown out of proportion..its just a scoop, you GT guys are kinda testy eh?? didnt want this to turn into a big debate..if there were more exterior aftermarket add on parts a scoop might be in question.. well see what my subie looks like with er spoiler on first..

:lol: id have to agree my friend. as far as car forums go, this isnt the most pretentious but ppl definatley make it seem like your trying to modify their car. Also, i would have to strongly believe that 90% of the general public have no awareness that there is a direct correlation between hoodscoops and turbos on 4th gens from the factory.

:lol: id have to agree my friend. as far as car forums go, this isnt the most pretentious but ppl definatley make it seem like your trying to modify their car. Also, i would have to strongly believe that 90% of the general public have no awareness that there is a direct correlation between hoodscoops and turbos on 4th gens from the factory.

exactly you nailed it..the general public would have no idea that my cars not a turbo..now if id put a 2.5GT logo on the trunk, that would be tacky and also lure more people to challenge me on the street..i live in a very small pa town and i know hardly anyone would know the difference or care..this turned out to be a 3 page debate and i still cant figure it out:confused:

Boom headshot. I had to spend 20 minutes explaining to someone that my hoodscoop was indeed functional and not just a pretty add on. It didn't help that Subaru ran a Legacy ad for a month or so that ended with "i went back and forth on the hoodscoop" which made it sound like that was an option, not a functional piece. Most people have no idea what a hoodscoop does for a car, so its hard to imagine that adding one would cause matter to 90% of people you see.

As long as you don't go to any meets, you won't catch any sh*t for it. I'm sure some of the guys with LGTs with STi badges get a little flack for having those badges when they're at a meet with other enthusiasts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xiptQVmtaw]YouTube- Subaru Legacy Commercial[/ame]

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived