LegacyGT.com

First tank back on E85 - rocky in CL ??

LGTspecB1657615261

The car still drives like crap in CL. Bogging and feeling "off" at steady 20% throttle acceleration. I am starting to think I am getting closer to the CL/OL transition than I thought. So it could have to do with crossing between the two? Could it be because AFR D has not come to the correct trim yet?

check out this log (attached). This is me slowly pulling away from a stop light and driving 1st through 4th. Starting at row 48, you can see my AFR start to bounce around at steady throttle. I wish I could have been logging CL/OL status as well... but my airflow might have been close to the point where I kick into OL.

NB AFR #1 with throttle at a steady 21% in 3rd gear.

14.55 15.13 13.77 15.21 14.1 14.56

romraiderlog_20100324_173354.csv

1886779246_LearningView_SS_3-24-201053936PM.jpg.41f207bc5a48bc79f080b0935afcbbd1.jpg

holy crap man this thing is bucking and jiving at steady 20% throttle. Its horrible.

My learned trims are

A = -4.5

B = -1.5

C = -6.0

D = -1.9

Or something thereabouts. I wonder if the maf just needs re-scaled? Back when I ran this map last fall, my trims were a lot closer together.

I also see my WB go low to high, then back to low sometimes when I feel the bucking / hesitation. Like its leaning out, then correcting. Maybe this gas just sucks? Too much 93 octane sitting around inside the tank?

Here is a compilation of CL logs where I felt some stutter. The only thing I really notice is that every once and a while it spikes lean. It bounces up above 15, dips to 13, then stabilizes back around 14.6... all while requested torque is steady.

Not sure if this correlates directly to the stutter or not, but AFRs should not be moving around like that if I am steady throttle.

Car did NOT run like this on 93 octane just days ago. I did have slight stutter but nothing like this. I have heard from others that stutter is worse on E85.

romraiderlog_20100325.csv

Archived