LegacyGT.com

My car got totalled- What to buy next?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I randomly walked into the dealer yesterday to testdrive some boxster s pre-owned examples that I was considering, and saw 2010 models ha a 9k discount (msrp on the ones I was looking at was ~ 64k).

I'm seriously considering picking up a new one instead of the preowned 2006 model I was looking at. it comes down to paying 34-37K for a good pre-owned 2006 S or in the low 50K's for a new 2010 S model. I need to make up my mind before march 31 (when the 9K discount expires). oh, and they also have 2.9 % financing....

what to do???? 50K is a crap load of money ... even though I can afford easily, I seem to have a mental barrier to spending that much dough...

thoughts? spend 35K on a 2006 box s or ~52K on a new 2010 box s?

hmmm...seems you have some self-esteem issues to work out.

some people actually prefer the mid-engine layout and crisper handling over the engine hanging over the rear axle of the 911's. yep, and folks who can comfortably afford to buy, not lease, a 65K car are real loosers. those poor people...

Dude, if you can cough up $50K for a new Boxster, pony up that much for a used 911T and be done with it. 10x the car.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

50k... Not gonna pony that up for a boxter... Take that money, add 10k to it, get a new Caddy CTS-V and be done with it. If your thinking about dropping that kind of dough on a car, may as well get a hell of a car for your money.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived