LegacyGT.com

LGT Stg1+ vs. S4 6spd....

Well, while I was attempting to goad a 350z into a run on an open stretch of highway, a bright red car with shiny mirrors appears, and closing fast! I figured since the z wasn't up for it, the Audi S4 most likely was?

Boy was I right! Yippeee, it is on! We started the 1st of 2 runs from around 70 mph, and we only got up to about 100 mph, before approaching slower traffic, so we of course let up. We were pretty even, neither one moving away from the other.

We were separated for about 2-3 miles, but then the roadway just opened up, as if someone told everyone to get off the highway for just a few minutes!

I was giddy with excitement! My heart starts racing, my adrenalin kicks in, and I am waiting for the S4 to clear the last set of cars, as he does, he is keeping his speed up, probably around 90 mph, while I waited doing around 75 mph. As he comes closer to my bumper and I realize he isn't letting off, I put my foot down, but of course, he had a little momentum on me, and comes around on me.

So he gets about 1-2 cars in front, and from there onwards up to get this an indicated 155mph! He didn't move an inch, in fact I think I pulled on him ever so slightly, because I was able to close the gap to a solid 1 car difference! Since we were WOT for a little bit, even the slowest of movement will show, and I saw that I had closed the gap by about 8-10 feet.

Afterwards, I was thinking that this might have been an auto, but after having a pleasing exchange of words, I find out that he indeed had a 6 spd manual! He immediately, asked what I had done to the car, because he thought for sure he was going to wax me! I kindly let him know, that I was packin' around 300 hp. He was impressed! We then gave each other a thumbs up, and went on our separate ways.

So, I can officially confirm, that the AP v1.02 map, definitively removes the top speed governor! I cannot wait for stg2, and hopefully that'll be all for me.

You ignored public safety! You put women & children's lives at risk! You promoted global warming with excessive CO2 emissions! You consumed vast amounts of petrol without regard for conservation, world peace, or old trees!:eek:

Glad I'm not alone:D

I believe your tale completely. I'm running AP stg 2 now and seem to pull on just about anything that will try me. Sure, I know a C5/C6 vette, Viper, or other honest-to-god sports car will still walk away. But for a 4-door, 5 passenger sedan priced under $30 grand the Legacy is a very impressive car!

Sounds about right.

I "raced" a buddy's friend in his 05 S4 6MT and actually had

him each time in the first two gears.

Then he'd pull alongside and start to pull away once we

hit third.

I figured AP Stage 1 would put the LGT pretty much dead even with it then.

Even if he was, there's not much a chip can do for a normally aspirated motor.

Well, it depends which one, I think. If it's the older one, the chip will help a lot since it's a bi-turbo. But if it's the current one with it's 380HP V8 (I think), then yeah you are right.

-ben

If the LGT keeps up at a 70 or so start then you could imagine what would happen from a dig. Personally I like running from a dead stop myself. 1st and 2nd gears are the LGT main weapon. The old saying of "rolls are for bakers" comes to mind. Nice run 155 is plenty moving, faster than I have ever seen.

Yeah was this the B5 Twin turbo 2.7 or the 4.2 340 hp. Awesome runs, wish I was there, I would have been going nuts. I'm going to go find a post on audiworld now, hehe!

Nice runs Edmund.

(For those who don't know I sold my B5 S4 for this).

You had to have been at redline at 155 or the speedo is way off up there. Our gearing doesn't let us go much faster than 145-150

Haha!!! Pretty close, I think I eyeballed it between 6k & 6.5k, so that would put the speedo off by like 5-7 mph. Besides, the factory limiter is around 6750 rpm's, and I think the car will pull to it, based upon how it was still slowly climbing @ an indicated 155mph. So that would put the top speed around 162 mph.

To go much faster, you'd need to change the turbo, and increase the rev limiter to like 7200, and then you would be able to hit 170mph...

You had to have been at redline at 155 or the speedo is way off up there. Our gearing doesn't let us go much faster than 145-150

Actually, with our gearing and with stock tires, our

top speed would be

154 mph at 6300 or so rpm.

Archived