LegacyGT.com

how to mount an emblem to mesh?

got my emblem today, blue classic subaru, and want to mount it to the new mesh grill. problem is, the back is concave, and the mesh lies flat. plus, there's no adhesive backing to the badge, so I've gotta get creative here, especially if I don't want to do a permenant mount (still waffling...). any ideas?

got my emblem today, blue classic subaru, and want to mount it to the new mesh grill. problem is, the back is concave, and the mesh lies flat. plus, there's no adhesive backing to the badge, so I've gotta get creative here, especially if I don't want to do a permenant mount (still waffling...). any ideas?

I would never want to chance my emblem on adhesive backing on mesh. I have an oem grill but if I was doing what you are...

I would get a little jb weld, superglue or whatever you have around and glue two short bolts to the back of the badge then bolt it to the mesh with a lockwasher.

If you need to offset the recess in the back of the badge, simply add a nut before installing to offset. That is what I would try first if I was you. Hope adding glue doesnt offend you too much.

No, I was planning on doing some glueing/adhesiveness, but I want to make sure that the bloody thing stays there. what's weird though, is there's a foam pad on the back of the emblem that doesn't give a good mounting surface. any way around this? I can't get the stupid pad off, it's stuck there in the recession

I tried that with an old badge, but ended up melting part of it :( I don't wanna butcher this one, so I want to stay as far away from melting as possible hahah, but that's kinda what I'm looking for. Something quick and effective, like every fix haha

never thought of the plastic bag idea, but I did try the 3M tape (the foam double sided stuff), and sealed off the back of the mesh with some saran wrap so water and stuff wouldn't get in. I was originally trying it for laughs, but damn, that stuff holds. It took two hands working it to get the emblem off; threw it back on, and I'm set. No marks left, no stress with heat...it did exactly what I was looking for. thanks for the other ideas, and thanks underpowered! I'll throw up some pictures soon, because I'm so happy with the way it looks. seems like it's a newer impreza or legacy hahah :cool:

Archived