LegacyGT.com

CEL: P0011 A Camshaft Position System Performance (Bank 1)

Did you get the code fixed. Could be a bad OCV.

I have been watching your other threads, I dont remeber seeing this code.

My turbo finally began to whine and then whistle, when it whistled I replaced it, see my sig.

Not yet, but i will pull it out and clean it. Could just be debris from the new rings. I havent had a chance to yet because its at the mechanics. The machinist rebuilding it dident use OEM seals so the camseals are leaking under pressure.

When you pulled out the turbo, did you take it apart to see what the issue was?

Not yet, but i will pull it out and clean it. Could just be debris from the new rings. I havent had a chance to yet because its at the mechanics. The machinist rebuilding it dident use OEM seals so the camseals are leaking under pressure.

When you pulled out the turbo, did you take it apart to see what the issue was?

Yes I did, I have pictures here in the "142,000 mile" thread inthe 4th gen forum.

The blades are a little bent, very little scrapping in the compressure housing, It had lots of bearing play.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes I did, I have pictures here in the "142,000 mile" thread inthe 4th gen forum.

The blades are a little bent, very little scrapping in the compressure housing, It had lots of bearing play.

Just went through it, hopefully i dont get to that point; atleast if i do, taking the turbo apart once, i wouldent be as afraid to try and rebuild it if need be.

all that was from running it without sufficient oil?

Archived