LegacyGT.com

Exhaust preference?

I'm looking to buy a CBE soon but i have no idea what sounds great. ive been watching sound clips but its just not the full sound. Im looking for semi-raspy but not like a civic, and still keep the boxer rumble. im thinking about evo2 or magnaflow with invidia catless dp.. any suggestions, comments, oppinions?

thanks ahead of time!

I....like you spent many hours on the web listening to sound clips-cost was a big factor for me, but so was sound. I did not want to spend lots of $$$ nor did I want the entire neighborhood hearing me come home. Here is what I finally did-went to a local muffler shop(That I trusted) -and had them install a 3" midpipe (no resonitor, I also have the Cobb DP with cat.), 2.5" Y pipe,and they put on some "turbo" mufflers with my stock tips....and guess what...IT SOUNDS AMAZING! I love it. Not too loud, not too quiet. Great low rumble and NO DRONE on the highway. All of this cost me $270 + tax. My wife-who is very noise concious-did not even notice the difference-I used to have the "hoguast" mod. Anyway-there is my 2cents.

Pretty sure the evo and magnaflow have a similar volume and note when catless; loud, deep and aggressive. Totally different looks between the two, the cans and tips. Magnaflow could be had for under $550 shipped, don't know about the evo's price. Both good choices, love my magnaflow cbe, lots of compliments.

Fwiw, I haven't heard an exhaust on this car I didn't like. And I agree, if you know of a good exhaust shop it can be done well for not nearly as much $$$.

What it came down to for me was this: I wanted a good sound at a good price, but still expected quality. I fell for the Greddy Evo 2 exhaust. Unfortunately things fell through with the exhaust, but I ended up buying a brand new Magnaflow and had it shipped to my door for $534. I love the sound, it was a good purchase. I have an Invidia catless DP sitting in my garage waiting to go on.

I have a Magnaflow CBE mated to an Invidia Catted DP. Initially a bit too droney for me (Seems to happen mainly on the wagons ) ended up putting an extra Muffler (Also magnaflow) in place of one of the cats. Now it sounds great and not too loud. If i were to do it again I would have gone custom with turbo mufflers for less $ and hassle.

Pretty sure the evo and magnaflow have a similar volume and note when catless; loud, deep and aggressive. Totally different looks between the two, the cans and tips. Magnaflow could be had for under $550 shipped, don't know about the evo's price. Both good choices, love my magnaflow cbe, lots of compliments.

Fwiw, I haven't heard an exhaust on this car I didn't like. And I agree, if you know of a good exhaust shop it can be done well for not nearly as much $$$.

Where can one find awesome exhaust systems for those prices?

Tons of info in the Magnaflow exhaust thread, check the last couple pages for the best deals available:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/magnaflow-released-legacy-gt-exhaust-63587p55.html

GimmickMotorSports has an exhaust for us, about $450 looks decent. Ebay exhaust (XO2 ?) is nice and cheap. Megan Racing quad tip, think it can be had pretty cheap. FBP is selling an Invidia quad tip cbe.

Use the search feature and/or vendor classifieds for info and great deals.

I'm looking to buy a CBE soon but i have no idea what sounds great. ive been watching sound clips but its just not the full sound. Im looking for semi-raspy but not like a civic, and still keep the boxer rumble. im thinking about evo2 or magnaflow with invidia catless dp.. any suggestions, comments, oppinions?

thanks ahead of time!

Type "tunedlgt" into youtube's search and watch my vids. There are an assortment of exhaust clips. (SPT rev, SPT+Cobb rev, SPT+Cobb WOT on dyno, Magnaflow rev)

Tons of info in the Magnaflow exhaust thread, check the last couple pages for the best deals available:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/magnaflow-released-legacy-gt-exhaust-63587p55.html

GimmickMotorSports has an exhaust for us, about $450 looks decent. Ebay exhaust (XO2 ?) is nice and cheap. Megan Racing quad tip, think it can be had pretty cheap. FBP is selling an Invidia quad tip cbe.

Use the search feature and/or vendor classifieds for info and great deals.

Too bad Megan makes not so great products. I've read about exhaust fitment and quality issues on here. Along with various suspension problems.:eek:

I'm loving my X02/CXLighting/GimmickMotorSports exhaust I got from CXlighting on ebay for $320 shipped. It's mated to an Invidia catted dp and sounds aggressive at WOT, but subtle and tame at idle and low RPMs.

As for fitment issues, $10 at a local exhaust shop and they made it 90% better. I'm thinking about having new tips welded in place of the one that came on though.

Archived