LegacyGT.com

A mod that only 2.5i folks will care about...

So just an update, an 06 Outback XT leather steering wheel came up locally for a good price, so I grabbed it.

Simple swap into my 05, and the steering wheel shifting buttons work, plug and play.

I thought one of the cars I test drove had the shifting on the wheel, but I don't remember, might have been a 3.0 that it was on, and not a 2.5i

But anyways, yea shifting on wheel works, if your car didn't come with it stock.

I have an 09 2.5i and was wondering if i swap over to a lgt wheel is there a way to get the paddle shifters to work? Or are the paddles part of the column?

From earlier in this thread. Confirmed plug and play. Sweet.;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From earlier in this thread. Confirmed plug and play. Sweet.;)

I have no idea about "paddle shifters" I havn't seen the refresh to know what they look like at all.

If the'yre just wired to the same harness as the on wheel ones, then I guess they would work. But no idea, later years got a whole bunch of stuff added to the wheel face.

Mine are on the face of the wheel like in my pictures.

I have no idea about "paddle shifters" I havn't seen the refresh to know what they look like at all.

If the'yre just wired to the same harness as the on wheel ones, then I guess they would work. But no idea, later years got a whole bunch of stuff added to the wheel face.

Mine are on the face of the wheel like in my pictures.

Good point, I forgot the newer cars had actual "paddle" shifters, and not just the steering wheel mounted buttons. I guess we don't have an answer to this questions yet.

Post a WTB in your regional forum. That's how I got my LGT bits.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 3 weeks later...

Update for anyone thinking of doing this mod-

After enjoying this wheel for the last year(-ish), I am starting the process of returning the 2.5i to stock to trade it on a 2011 WRX.

Thus, this wheel will be for sale soon. PM me if you want dibs.

Archived