LegacyGT.com

Help!! Having issues new to me

So Ive had my Legacy since November. It hasn't had any problems at all so far and Ive been more than happy with how it's ran.

Yesterday is when it all started. Leaving from my in-laws, I started the car and immediately got the ABS and CEL lights on with the CC light blinking, Error 55 reading on the odometer, and the radiator fan running constantly. Everything else seemed to be fine, the motor ran normal. I got home and tried to shut it off a few times to see if the lights would go away and they didn't. I read on a few different forums that these symptoms can be from wheel slippage. I didn't have any slippage at all, the weather was mild, 34 degrees and it had been snowing all day but nothing was sticking (someone said its related to cold weather?) I also read about the gas cap not being tight enough. I checked that as well. Today i took the car out for a bit after disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer. The lights cam back on after i got around the corner, the car is now idling really low and it chokes out at 4 thousand RPM's. I read on this forum once that there was a recall on something with the fans because they run constantly (i don't know if this has been done to mine yet) i don't have a warranty, so I'm just checking all my bases before i take it to Subaru.

I haven't pulled any codes yet, i will do that tomorrow. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had any ideas of what it could be.

Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks.

Update: subaru found a faulty ABS wiring on the front left wheel hub. Showed it to me and said 250 bucks to fix it. I said id come back. Took the car and left. I read on here about someone cutting a clean connection, soldering it and heat wrapping. Thought id give that a try first. Any thoughts?

Wow, good for you. You must feel really good about fixing it yourself.

Try Fred Beans for ordering the new part. Their a vendor here I believe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived