LegacyGT.com

help with my engine

its not unfortunately lol

ej 22 is just like the ej25 just a bit smaller, ussually better head gaskets and you will get better mileage with a bit less power,

The turbo is the ej20 i believe and first gen legacies had a 2.2 litre turbo not sure what its called though,

A ej20 swap is around 5grand from what ive been quoted but is a wrx engine

Looks like the PO made his own turbo kit using wrx parts. A few people have done it but without changing the internals you wont get much out of it besides a sweet spooling sound. Do you have a boost gauge? Im leaning towards what Baddog said with running low boost.

you want to know if the engine itself is built for boost correct? it may be a 1990-94 turbo ej22? that is defiantly a turbo setup though

i had a 95 legacy with a turbo 2.2 engine it was jdm though so it may be jdm? it was runnign 191 wp and 210 with high boost at the wheels so it may be a similar case

do you have the vin off the block that would really help

but as far as the Vin that will say it is an ej25 i can take some pics of the Vin and try for a few more on the motor maybe you guys know a bit more then i do about this but if they did put a turbo would they have to change the exhaust setup to make it run better or is the internals of the motor a bit higher priority

Looks like the PO made his own turbo kit using wrx parts. A few people have done it but without changing the internals you wont get much out of it besides a sweet spooling sound. Do you have a boost gauge? Im leaning towards what Baddog said with running low boost.

from what i gather subie kid it is a really !!!!BAD!!!! idea to do a turbo setup to a N/A motor without having low compression pistons and so on as this will cause premature detonation

there's gotta be some way to diagnose any problems, or check to see the amount of boost that's going through. any way to contact the previous owner? that'd probably be the first place to start; if anyone will know, it'd probably be him

but as far as the Vin that will say it is an ej25 i can take some pics of the Vin and try for a few more on the motor maybe you guys know a bit more then i do about this but if they did put a turbo would they have to change the exhaust setup to make it run better or is the internals of the motor a bit higher priority

what i meant is the block vin number on the engine block it may be a jdm 2.2 turbo

ya no i dont talk to the guy i bought the car from as we left on bad terms

but ive taken it to Subaru and for some reason they didn't know dick about the car

but where can i find the vin on the block because i saw a few set of numbers on there that were odd and i didn't know where they had come from

Archived