LegacyGT.com

Invidia Downpipe Nightmare - It doesn't fit, they don't speak English!

dabbdc

My mechanic and I spent most of the day trying to communicate with Invidia about a DP installation.

The person we spoke to at Invidia barely spoke Englsih. We could not convince him that we had an automatic. We bought a catted DP for an auto, he insisted without comprehending, that we were using an auto DP for a manual.

He said there were no specs available for the install, then rattled on about various gaskets.

Are there specs inwriting? Is there a real person at Invidia that can help?

Specs? Downpipes don't come with instructions in general. 5 bolts at the turbo, 1 bolt at the tranny mount (hook), 2 bolts at the CBE flange.

Invidia divorced usually need some grinding to not hit the turbo flapper. Do you have pix? I have both 5EAT and 6MT. I also have both OEM and aftermarket pipes. I could tell from a pic.

What was the issue? Can you describe it here? Instructions probably won't help very much if you are having fitment problems, since they'll read almost exactly like what M posted in #2.

It isn't like you have options, either it fits, or it doesn't. If it doesn't fit, chances are you might have the wrong part or there might be fit issues with your model year (don't think that is the case).

Seeing that you drive an 09 I would def check the WG flapper valve for clearance in the bell mouth before you bolt it up. Most everyone that has fitment problems with the divorced bell mouth were 07 and up, VF46 or VF52 equipped cars.

What are you having trouble with?

Seeing that you drive an 09 I would def check the WG flapper valve for clearance in the bell mouth before you bolt it up. Most everyone that has fitment problems with the divorced bell mouth were 07 and up, VF46 or VF52 equipped cars.

What are you having trouble with?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1833445&postcount=18

That was my fix for it. I had it with a vf 40. Its pretty much any vf series turbo. However it seems to be mostly an issue with automatic downpipes. Manual downpipes to my knowledge have not had this issue.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Seems most likely issue is the OP did not grind down the divorcing plate on the DP. Divorcing plate is hitting the flapper, causing a bad connection at the turbo. This in turn is also causing the DO ti hit the tranny.

i have an invidia catted DP (i believe i was told it was a version 2) and it was installed without issue. my heatshield did not fit back on but thats not the type of issue you are having i'm assuming... why did my dp not need grinding? maybe im just lucky

^^ I think Invidia did fix that issue with their ver2 dp's. I have one and didn't have an issue as well and from what I read they made the divorced part smaller on the ver 2 dp's and anyone buying new pipes probably are getting those. ver1's had the issues with the flapper.

Archived