LegacyGT.com

Those of you with front LSDs...

Do you need a new clutch anytime soon? If so, that will be the time to get one installed. My installer only charged $50 extra to install the LSD. You should be able to find a 05+ STi front LSD for around $250, or from what I have read, a new one from the dealer should be around $500. The results are well worth the expense. I am glad I sucked it up and got it done with my new clutch.

Now I just wonder how difficult it would be to put in a STi DCCD in the spec.B :D

Now I just wonder how difficult it would be to put in a STi DCCD in the spec.B :D

Difficult. You need the center diff and the tail housing. The main housing does not have hole for DCCD wires, not sure if it could be drilled.

Instead I went from 08 SpecB tranny (w/front LSD) to 08 STI tranny (w/tall 5-6 gears). Easier and cheaper.

I'll install the SpecB tranny in my second "less hardcore" LGT.

I got my car back today and all I can say is WOW!! It feels like a completely different car, and in a really good way. The front end feels amazing through turns and no more power-on understeer!!! Just give it some gas, point, give more gas and you're flying through corners like it's nobody's business. The steering feels tighter; not in a sense that it is difficult to turn, but more that the car feels better planted on the road.

Out of 10 points, I rate the addition of a front LSD about a 12.

Unfortunately, I have to drive like a civilized person so my clutch properly breaks in before putting the LSD through a real test... :(

Told you so.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, I got it back on Saturday (I replied to the other front LSD thread but forgot this one). I am thoroughly impressed with the diff and how the car pulls out of corners. Now I just need to get the suspension dialed in so it goes into corners equally well.

Archived