LegacyGT.com

Manifold to mid-pipe stud for 2.5i??

GEE-OTTO

Searched and read many threads to no avail. Looking for the stud size for the manifold to mid-pipe for a 2008 legacy 2.5i.

I replaced all the manifold gaskets as regular maintenance (for me that is regular as I am a particular car owner sorry :)) while doing so one of the manifold to mid-pipe nuts seized up so i muscled it out and the stud came with it.

I know the stud is the same as the bolts used on the Turbo legacies b/c I used a nut from a spare Ej255 manifold to replace the nut on this stud and it went on and came off fine several times before this happend.

Also in addition to the stud specs what tap should I use to tap the hole for the new stud ????

Exhaust manifold gasket replacement is part of your regular maintenance?! What do you think they're doing down there? The gaskets will be good until the exhaust is disassembled for some reason -- hopefully other than just to replace the gaskets. This goes doubly for non-turbo cars since there's zero pressure in the system.

It's great idea when restoring a 10-20 year old car. On a 2 year old car it's just a bit odd.

Exhaust manifold gasket replacement is part of your regular maintenance?! What do you think they're doing down there? The gaskets will be good until the exhaust is disassembled for some reason -- hopefully other than just to replace the gaskets. This goes doubly for non-turbo cars since there's zero pressure in the system.

It's great idea when restoring a 10-20 year old car. On a 2 year old car it's just a bit odd.

^^^^Example of how to completely miss the point and question at hand :lol:

Next....:eek:;)

Well naturally if I knew the answer to your question I'd give it to you. I've got a stock UP right here but I still don't have a way to derive an answer for you. Actually, I don't see why you need a tap -- you didn't mention damaged threads. Screw in a new stud and you're back in business.

And it's still strange to rip apart a perfectly functioning car to replace gaskets that are extremely unlikely to ever have an issue the entire time you own the car.

Well naturally if I knew the answer to your question I'd give it to you. I've got a stock UP right here but I still don't have a way to derive an answer for you. Actually, I don't see why you need a tap -- you didn't mention damaged threads. Screw in a new stud and you're back in business.

And it's still strange to rip apart a perfectly functioning car to replace gaskets that are extremely unlikely to ever have an issue the entire time you own the car.

Well ripping apart is a stretch and I found the stud size M10 x 1.25 40mm the threads may or may not be damaged but I wont know until i try to screw the new one in

Archived