LegacyGT.com

anybody leaned out the closed loop target tables for gas mileage?

Boostin1657615274

I pulled the ROM from my car today, and starting looking around in RomRaider on how we can do this. Looks like it's not NEARLY as cut and dry as with accesstuner. We just have this compensation table to mess with, and there are some "hidden" tables as well.

CL Fueling Target Compensation (Load) - This is the compensation to the closed loop base fueling target based on load and engine speed. Other compensations (some undefined), are also applied. Note: Lean compensation in this table will potentially force open loop during normally closed loop fueling conditions.
This is going to be fun figuring out.... :spin:

cl_fueling_target.JPG.49715e66a7cc6be4b6ebd28a2eac192e.JPG

I pulled the ROM from my car today, and starting looking around in RomRaider on how we can do this. Looks like it's not NEARLY as cut and dry as with accesstuner. We just have this compensation table to mess with, and there are some "hidden" tables as well.

This is going to be fun figuring out.... :spin:

Actually, the Closed loop fueling target (load) table is the same as the Access tuner table, just it is a modification of the primary open loop table rather than another AF table.

For example at 0.6 load and 3200 RPM the O/L fuel table is 14.7AF and the closed loop table is -0.132. Add -0.132 to 14.7 and you get 14.568 AF which rounds to 14.57, exactly what is shown in the access tuner table (stock) for that load and RPM.

So if you want your closed loop target to be 16.2 AF at 0.6 load and 3200 RPM, change your closed loop target in that cell to +1.50. A little more tedious but the same result.

Heh, lack of sleep can do funny things to you, like making me stupid after 11PM. It even says "Additive" at the botton of the table.

Based on MechaGod's post over a romraider regarding this, the highest AFR possible is 15:5:1 though. Kind of low to do a true "lean burn" tune.

16.5 is already plenty lean, possibly past the point of peak fuel economy. why would you want to run any leaner? it is not like we have stratified charge combustion chambers or direct injection which can take advantage of super lean mixtures.

has anyone done experiments to find out when the ecu goes open loop on the lean side? I've pushed to 15.5 in CL but haven't had time to go any leaner.

Opps, sorry, that was a typo.... 15.4 is the max that was stated (here) that it could be changed to. One needs to get a hair leaner (.3 points or so) to get the max fuel economy, and really the ability to go past that at 16 would offer more room for testing/tuning.

Here's an article I found useful on it:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0510ht_fuel_economy_tuning/index.html

Opps, sorry, that was a typo.... 15.4 is the max that was stated (here) that it could be changed to. One needs to get a hair leaner (.3 points or so) to get the max fuel economy, and really the ability to go past that at 16 would offer more room for testing/tuning.

Here's an article I found useful on it:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0510ht_fuel_economy_tuning/index.html

if you want to go leaner, just skew the front O2 sensor calibration. just keep in mind that you need to push the timing forward to see the mileage gains.

• 3 months later...
Mine's fxt 09 edm, leaned cl comp table by .84 to test. Your af learning B will lean out and as computer learns, there will be some fbkc. I richened up those cells that were affected as I want AF B at -2. Target afr is made leaner, got some fuel savings in. :-)

• 2 years later...

Archived